Ch. 3

You grab the outfit you picked out for Loki, which was hanging on the dressing room door. "I'm checking this out. Meet me at the register when you're done," You call to Loki through the door as you walk to the cash register.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" The friendly cashier asks as you hand her the suit. "I'd like to buy this please," The cashier takes it and rings it up. "That'll be $45.00 ma'am. Cash or credit?" You take out your wallet. "Credit." The cashier types in a few things in her computer.

"Ok go ahead and slide or insert your card." You insert your card and wait for the machine to beep. It does a second later and you look down to grab your card...which isn't there.

"Looking for this?" A voice behind you says. A very recognizable voice, in fact. You turn to face Loki. "I'd like to have that back," You say, holding out your hand. "Ah ah ah, what's the magic word?" You shoot him a look. He just smiles at you. "Please?" You say, still holding out your hand. "Good girl," Loki teases as he pats your head.

You turn back to the cashier. "Sorry about all that," you apologize. The cashier waves it off. "Oh it's no worry darling! I've seen worse in my 12 years here." She says cheerily, handing you the suit in a plastic garment bag. "And here's your receipt," she adds, giving you the receipt.

"Have a wonderful day!" You say to the cashier as you and Loki walk out. "Well that was exhausting." Loki says as soon as you step out of the store. "I truly don't understand why you hu- I mean, WE spend so much time just getting articles of clothing. It's all just cloth and stitches right?" You think about that for a second.

"That was...really philosophical Loki," you say with a smile. He looks back at you with a smile which soon fades as he averts his eyes. "Loki?" You put a hand on his arm. " Loki, are you alright?" He blinks rapidly and shakes his head. "I-yes, I-I'm fine." He responds.

You give him a look of uncertainty, but he's looking somewhere else. You turn to see what he's looking at and see the chitauri leviathans from yesterday. "Oh god," you whisper as you watch the attack unfold. "We can't stay here." You say shaking your head.

You look up at Loki. "We can go to my apartment. It's near the suburbs but far from here. We'll be safe, at least." You offer. Loki shakes his head. "No." You look at him with shock. "What?!" He looks down at you.

"I said no. Listen, you go on ahead. I have a plan." He says. You bite your lip, still unsure. "Do you trust me?" Loki asks. After a second, you nod. "I trust you." He gives you a solemn nod. "Go." 

You climb in your car and back out of your parking spot. You stop at the exit of the parking lot and look at Loki. He mouths the words 'go' to you and you drive away towards your apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♡ Miki