5

Finally, it was time. 

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I was pacing the side of the stage now. 

Emerson caught me by my shoulders. "Listen. You. Will. Be. Fine. Our fans are the most supportive ones here, and they're going to love you. I promise."

"Whatever you say."

****

Emerson sat down at the kit and started thumping on the bass drum. Sebastian nudged me with a small smile and walked on stage. I followed.

The crowd was massive. The screaming and cheering was deafening, and then Rem ran on stage. He turned to me, grinned, and then the song started. 

Don't Feel Quite Right was by far my favorite song to play, so it made it easier to get the crowd off my mind. The crowd was singing along and clapping, which calmed me down a bit. 

Sebastian bounded over to me. "You okay?" he mouthed. I grinned and nodded. 

He laughed and ran to Emerson, who was wailing on the drums like a madman. 

The song ended, and the entire crowd erupted into applause. They all started waving their hands in the air, looking for a pick from either Sebastian or I, so I threw one. A young girl about 13 or 14 caught it, and started gushing to her friend. I grinned at her and winked, and she smiled back. 

"How's everyone today?" Remington shouted into the mic. Everyone cheered. "Good! Now, I wanted to introduce you all to a very good friend of mine, Miss Juliana! She's our brand new bass player! Say hi, Jules!" 

I gave his a little glare but smiled. "Hullo," I said in my mic. 

At the end of our set, I felt better than before, and the first thing I did was hug him. He lifted me up and twirled me around, making the fans on the barricades squeal. 

We made our way to Palaye's merch tent for a meet and greet, where I used to spend every day of Warped Tour selling excited people merch from their favorite band. Now, I'm a part of the band, and I have to talk to them.

When we got close, the line was almost to the stage, and I almost had to turn around. 

"Jesus fuck. Oh god." I whispered. 

Rem saw that the color drained from my face, and he started rubbing my back. "It'll be okay. You'll be okay." he whispered back. He picked me up on his back and started softly singing Motorcycle Drive By. I smiled into his shoulder. 

"Thanks."

"I love you, you know that?"

I nodded. 

The meet and greet went by without a problem.