12

The next day, I was standing on the side of the stage while Waterparks was playing. Palaye had just finished their set, so I decided to watch them. Besides, I had been friends with Awsten for a few years now on Instagram and Twitter, but this was the first time that I had a chance to meet him in person. 

They finished playing their last song, and Awsten immediately ran to me and hugged me. 

"JULIANNA, HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT!" He picked me up. 

"Hi, Aws," I said when he put me down. "How've you been? What's been happening in the land of purple hair?" I asked as we walked backstage. 

"A lot, I guess." His mood immediately darkened. 

"That doesn't sound promising. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Ciara, um, she," I could see he wasn't super comfortable talking about her. I knew them two had split, but I didn't know why yet. He never talked about it. 

"If you don't want to say it, it's fine, I don't need to-"

"She cheated on me."

The words hung in the air for a second. 

"Awsten, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He said, kicking a rock in the parking lot. 

At that moment, Rem and Emerson walked up to us. 

"Guys! This is Awsten Knight. He's in Waterparks. Awsten, this is Emerson, my best friend, and Remington, my boyfriend." I tried to lighten the mood, and Awsten's head immediately shot up at the mention of me having a boyfriend. 

"Holy. Shit. Julianna? A boyfriend? I swear, I thought you were a lesbi-" I slapped my hand over Awsten's mouth. Emerson doubled over with laughter. 

"Very funny, Emerson." I rolled my eyes. 

"Why don't we all walk around for a bit?" I asked, and they all agreed. 

****

I was sat on Remington's shoulders towards the back of The Maine's crowd. I was currently screaming "Girls Do What They Want" at the top of my lungs. Awsten and Rem were laughing at me. 

"What?" I tried to yell over the crowd and the band, but no one could hear me. 

Their set ended triumphantly, with the entire crowd chanting "Encore!".

"What was so funny?" I asked as we walked around the tents. 

"You're just a massive dork," replied Rem from under me. I slapped the top of his head. "Hey!"

We passed by Parx's merch booth after a little while. 

"I think I'm gonna go help out at the tent for a little bit," Awsten said.

I got down from Rem's shoulders with much struggle, and I hugged him goodbye. "See you later, loser."

"Bye, you geek." He stepped behind the table and a swarm of girls immediately spotted him, asking for autographs and selfies left and right. 

Rem and I started walking again. We stopped to watch a Ska band called the Interrupters on one of the main stages.

"You were awfully quiet. What's wrong?" I asked him, taking his hand. 

"Nothing. I just, y'know, I think he likes you, Jules. You can't deny that he was googly-eyeing you the WHOLE time."

"Is someone jealous? That's insane, Remy." I said. We started heading back to the bus since it was sweltering hot outside. We were practically boiling. 

"It's really not."

"Rem, babe, nothing and no one is going to break what we have. Well, like MAYBE Hayley Williams. You have to admit. She's smokin'." I said. He laughed the same laugh that I had fallen in love with. Sweet and light. 

"You have a good point there."

We finally reached the bus. 

"I love you, Remington. Seriously." I took his other hand. 

"Show me?" he asked, smirking.

"Absolutely."

A/N Hello friends! This chapter's kind of lifting my writer's block, but not much. I've been cranking out this book so fast that I barely have any inspiration. What do you think I should do with this book? Write more? Finish it quickly? Leave it? I'm not sure. Bye for now, my loves!