13

I yawned and sat up, bumping my head on the roof of the bunk. 

"Ow," I groaned, and Remington sat up, rubbing my back through my tank top.

"You okay?" I nodded. 

He pulled back the curtain, and we both slid out, walking into the kitchen. I flicked on the coffee pot, and he turned on Hulu, which started playing Invader Zim quietly. No one else was up yet, so I snuggled up to him without making a sound. 

About an hour later, Sebastian tumbled out of his bunk, thudding on the ground. 

"Good morning, Sebastian," I whispered. He looked up and grumbled. 

"Good morning, you noisy lovebirds." He walked to the coffee pot as I shoved my head into Rem's chest, embarrassed. We must've been pretty loud since Sebastian, who was in a sort of drunkened coma and couldn't even hear us when we slammed the bus' door closed, could hear us.

"Sorry about that," Rem replied, clicking on the next episode. I could feel him flushing. 

"Just, like, be quiet or get a hotel room." He grumbled, and went back to the bathroom. 

We were quiet for a moment, and then we burst into laughter. 

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the bus' door. "I've got it," Rem said, pulling on a ripped tank top before swinging the door open. 

"Hey there! My name's Derek DiScanio, my band's parked next to you. We noticed this case outside the bus with no one by it. Is it yours?" I immediately recognized the voice and bounded to the door. 

"Derek? What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, hugging him. Rem looked very confused. 

"I should be asking you that! You're touring now?" He smiled wide.

"I got called on last minute by these guys. Derek, this is my boyfriend, Remington Leith. Rem, this is Derek DiScanio, as you have previously learned. He grew up down the street from me. I'm shocked you guys have never met!"

They shook hands, and Rem grinned at him. 

"Anyways, do you know whose this is?" Derek asked me, holding up a hard bass case. I grabbed. 

"Louis, that bastard! He probably forgot about my baby!" Rem and Derek both laughed as I brought it inside. 

"Do you want a cup of coffee?" I heard Rem offer, and Derek must have shook his head. 

"I have an interview in a few minutes, but maybe later we can all meet up for lunch or something after our sets?" I watched Rem nod. 

"Well, I'll see you around Derek. Thanks so much." I hurried over so I could hug him again, and he started off towards the festival grounds. 

Remington settled back on the couch. "He seemed nice."

"Very. We've been basically brother and sister our entire lives. Are you sure you've never met him?"

He nodded. "You've told me about him, but I've never seen him."

"Mmm." I rested my head on his shoulder, and soon, I dozed back off to sleep, Zim's maniacal laughter in the background.  

A/N I'm back, ya'll! The song at the top has nothing to do with the chapter, I just really love it and Conan Gray. Have you guys ever watched Invader Zim? I'm rewatching it as I'm writing this! I'm going to attempt to watch it all before Enter The Florpus comes out on Netflix! Have a good day, my loves!