🇨​🇭​🇦​🇵​🇹​🇪​🇷​ 42

The ride back to Rose's place seemed so long. It was a hard one for me as well. The pain was a bit much at times, thankfully, Selina has gotten me some health cures, along with some regular pain meds to help me deal with the pain for the next week. We hoped I would feel better as quick as Selina did. But at times, I always did feel like my health wasn't as strong as Selina, I got sick more often with colds, if I got injured, I took longer to heal, I guess it just came with the territory, being a former gang member and smoking as long as I did. I wouldn't even be surprised if I died before the damn girl.
We're coming down the path and up to the house before I notice my white horse, hitched up as he usually was. I was surprised to see him, I look back at Antonio and he gives me a smile. I was curious how he even got that damn horse back to me. If it was even him that is. It was almost like he knew something that I didn't. Maybe he did, I didn't know, I was out for a while and dealing with almost dying and all. Sadie has given me a ride and Antonio gave one to Abigail. We all didn't talk much, not much to talk on anymore. Sadie told us all about South America and how it was treating her. Abigail talked about Uncle passing and how hard Jack was taking losing Uncle and his father. I could only imagine the pain that boy must feel right now.
Once the horse comes to a stop, I hop off the back, limping a bit as I walked before looking up to see my children. They all smile and run up to me. Gentle was all they were with me. Knowing that I was probably a bit injured, but I was still alive. Soon enough, Ryan appears, coming down the steps and giving me a hand shake before he raises his brows. "You're actually alive. Glad you are Asher, someone is here for you." Well, I didn't get who it would be. I had pretty much everyone here that was still living, or so I was thinking. The next thing I know, Nathan appears within the doorway and I almost do feel like I'm dreaming. "Nate?" I ask as I'm taking a couple steps towards him. The man giving me a familiar smile and I can't help but shake my head as he's coming down the steps and we embrace rather tightly. It almost felt like a dream, seeing my best friend again. "My brother... How--- They said you was dead. That they killed you." I questioned as I look the man up and down for the moment, a smile upon my face before he laughs. "Yeah, they say a lot of things. But I mean possums play dead so why can't I?" The man questions with a wink as I shake my head.
"You played dead huh? But I got the photo you had, it was full of blood."
"Well, they shot me. They walked over and searched me, held my breath anytime they touched me, went dead weight on them and they walked off. Then headed to the doctor while I was bleeding, got patched up and here I am. I promise I'm not some flesh eating zombie. They're just fools. Plain and simple, partner." He muses happily as I roll my eyes. He then focuses on my wife before he looks at me once more. "You got her pregnant again huh? God, see, I remember you bein' like--- Yeah, we're gonna stop. This is it. Well, I am happy for you though brother. Congratulations." 
Selina soon comes up and embraces the male as well. "Selina--- Don't look any different than the last time I saw you, girl. Though, what you got under your shirt there? A melon?" The male jokes as she rolls her eyes to him and gently punches his shoulder. "Nathan Miller, you never fail to make me laugh." I come and stand next to my wife as we embrace one another from the side as she looks me over for a moment. I then direct my eyes back to the man before us. "How did you end up finding us?"
"Well, I heard you had been taken shortly after I got all patched up. I figured if anything, you'd have to be somewhere here in Blackwater, I'd come just 'bout every first of the month to check, even at the end of the month too, just to see if you had been through. Finally I came down yesterday, said you and Selina had been 'round and where Rose lives and here I am." He motions to himself as Selina and I laugh. I was happy he had gone out of his way to find us. Never a day that didn't go by where I wasn't thinking on this man. Granted, I thought he was dead. But at the same time, I was happy to see him before us as well. "I just can't believe you guys are havin' another baby. Crazy seein' how big Arthur, Andrew, and Sadie have gotten and now you got this little one comin'." He chuckles before Selina looks up at me and I look at her as well and give her a smile. "Yeah, this is it though. We know it. We just need to think about where we're gonna live now. Lost everything, government burnt down our house and all. I did however, get all our pictures and bury them. So we should go and get them once we figure out our lives."
"They do got those precut ones, like how John built his home." Sadie then speaks up, she's got little Sadie within her arms like the proud aunt she was to our kids, Sadie and her though, I knew there was that connection because of the name. "Precut huh? Sounds easier said than done, I need it all done within three months too. Think that's something we can accomplish?" I question before Ryan and Antonio step forward and Nathan gives me a grin as he looks at the other two men. "You got yourself a crew, Asher. Think you can get it done within a few days if you all work hard enough." Sadie then mutters and looks at the girl within her arms. "Yeah daddy!" My daughter then shouts before we all laugh.

They had a point, and I figured I would have to go into town, get us some land, and then find a house. I figured maybe sticking around Blackwater wouldn't be such a bad idea.