Chapter 2

"your majesty, we are here" called out the prince's royal guard, the pair stopped their horses and dismounted as they arrived at a shack in the forest it looked abandoned but appearances can be deceiving, the prince knew this better than most.

"We are not alone, Gethen" The dark-haired prince warned,

"friend or foe," a voice of a man said behind them they turned to look and no one was there.

"We are friends we have come to seek the help of Master Gideon to defeat the vampire Cao" the prince called out to the darkness of the night.

"prove to me you deserve my help" the pair looked at each other in confusion, then a black-haired man emerged from the shadows his eyes red and looking for faults in the two. 

"and how would we do that exactly?" Gethen asked the vampire lord who simply responded;

"fight me"

Suddenly the vampire attacked with his super-speed it should have been easy to strike them down but this royal guard was trained by best and always ready for a fight, she was a warrior through and through chosen by the king himself to guard the crowned prince with her life.

They fought for hours in the night the vampire getting more hits in than her, she herself could only defend and not attack since she could not see her opponent. Gethen breathed in and focused listening for movement and struck her sword, the vampire froze raising a hand to his cheek and feeling a cut there which healed fast but nonetheless surprised him.

"You fight well and your instincts are sharp, what is your name warrior? " he asked

"Gethen DiMore, Royal guard to Prince Feng" Gethen bowed as a sign of respect.

"You have earned my help Lady Gethen" the crowned prince now standing next to Gethen spoke urgently,

"Cao has been controlling my father and his father before him I will not let him control me or my people anymore, please if you know of a way to defeat him we need it now more than ever I fear my father is next in line on Cao's hit list" Gethen nodded in agreement, 

"It has been whispered that you know of a way to kill him" Gethen added, the vampire lord's eyes never strayed far from Gethen as it seemed she had interested him greatly 

"I do but it will not be easy" 

"Nothing ever is" Gethen sighed she looked up at the moon "Prince Feng the dawn will be breaking soon" a grave look passed over Feng knowing that likely his father has died this night and countless others.

"come back tomorrow night I will have a plan drawn out" the vampire disappeared into the shack

"time to see what awaits me" Feng got back on his horse with worry on his brow and a great weight on his shoulders.