Chapter 6

Feng sat tied up on the ground in Cao's cave. Cao was threatening him, most likely trying to scare him into obedience, but Feng felt a sense of calm in his heart. He knew his time was over yet he could still foolishly envision Gethen riding in on a white horse and slaying the beast once and for all but he knew it would most likely end with Gethen trying to save him and them both dying in the process.

Gethen he thought, I am so sorry you deserve so much more than this. You have fought so hard to be free from the darkness that you came from, I remember when you first came to me bloodied and with a fire in your blue eyes unlike any I ever saw. Throughout these years you've been my friend, my sister, my family and I love you more than words, more than I will ever be able to say. Be at peace knowing that there is still light in this world we just weren't the ones to ignite it. 

Don't forget me, Gethen,

and don't worry

I will meet you on the other side.

"you know why I have brought you here" Cao smirked, "you have been plotting, you cannot win against me you are just a human-"

"yes I am just a human and I am the king of a great nation that does not belong to you and never will," the fire burned in Feng's veins as he spoke his mind 

"and I will die on my own terms" Feng as he was speaking his truth managed to pull out his knife from his pocket, he had learned not to go to bed without it since the night is when Cao lurks the most.

King Feng stabbed himself in the stomach. Cao's wide red-eyes stared at him in disbelief 

"why?" Cao whispered to the bleeding out body of Feng, 

"you could... never understand.... and... I pity you" Feng choked out, Cao shook his head in cold laughter

"you pity me?"

"y-you...will never know...what it is like to be more than yourself" King Feng eye's closed forever and his body went limp. Cao looked at the body trying to figure out what the small man meant but came up with nothing. He was still standing over the body in thought when he felt the presence of a vampire on his territory and he knew this presence. It was a presence he thought he had killed long ago. 

Cao looked up in rage and sped off through the tunnels into the forest to find his old Master and kill him once and for all.