Chapter 5

King Feng was sleeping in his chambers the day's vampire lessons with Gideon had tired him greatly, who knew the world of vampires required so much knowledge to understand?

The chamber door opened and a shadow of a man appeared on the floor,

"get him" Percy commanded to the guards, the guards rushed in and grabbed the sleeping King.

"wha- what is going on! I demand to know what is going on!?" Feng yelled, "unhand me this instant!" 

"I am sorry my king but Cao ordered it" Percy solemnly said, Feng's eyes widened and the sinking realization they had been caught.

"take him to the tunnels quickly before Gethen finds out!" Percy yelled.

Gethen, who usually guarded Feng when he slept, had been tricked into doing a task that night all the way across the palace. Percy had planned as such knowing her fighting prowess they couldn't take her but they could take her charge.

"what do you mean? I was told to come here and that Cao had orders for me?" Gethen bit she didn't like to leave Feng when he slept that is when he is most vulnerable. 

"I am sorry Gethen I have no such orders" Gethen was about to continue the argument with the poor confused clerk but her eyes widened as she clued in as to what had happened

"no, no, no" Gethen dropped the papers she holding and ran, ran like her life depended on it. How could she had been so stupid! she knew it sounded odd that Cao would have a request for her they never even met and as far as she knows he doesn't even know she existed, the previous King had wanted it as such. But she had been foolish enough to believe he had found out about her fighting abilities and wanted to utilize them like she always feared.

She swung the door to the King's chambers open finding it wasn't locked as she had left it. The room was turned over and Feng was nowhere to be seen. 

"No!" Gethen yelled, hand on her sword she ran toward the tunnels that lead to Cao's cave. 

She was almost to the tunnel entrance when a body grabbed her and carried her into the forest at a high speed, faster than any human was capable of.

"Let me go!" Gethen fought against Gideon but he didn't let her leave

"I can not do that Gethen, it is too late for him but it's not for you!" Gideon pleaded 

"we have to save him! it is my job to save him! my life for his, always!" Gethen felt the tears fall on her face her only friend, her family was about to die by the hands of that monster. 

"my dear you are more important than you realize, his time is over you must come with me before Cao comes" Gideon was still holding her arms to stop her from fighting. She stopped fighting and pulled her hands away like he had burned them.

"How dare you he is the king! and you want to run away like a scared child instead of at least trying to save him!" 

"Feng knew the risks of plotting against Cao, there is nothing you can do for him now except follow me. I can already feel that Cao has felt my presence and now he is coming to kill me and by proxy, you! now let's go" Gideon grabbed Gethen's hand again but she pulled away

"get on my back we need to leave now, Feng would want you to live and continue the fight without him," Gideon desperately reasoned, "Cao is heading in our direction, please Gethen"

tears forming again Gethen wordlessly got on his back and Gideon ran.