Chapter 10

Mai skipped into the vast garden behind the library. It was a wonderful sun shining day and Mai had plans of setting up lunch outside for her quirky trio, not that Rosa or Gethen ever had any real enjoyment in the fun things Mai planned. They always just sat there like stones, unwavering, well Gethen was easier to get to relax than Rosa. Gethen enjoyed being in the sun and Gethen had told her once that when she turned into a vampire she never thought she would see the sun again but Master Gideon had given her the secret to day-walking before he died. Mai had asked what the secret was but her master just glared at her.

"Rosa! it is just a beautiful day isn't it? let's go have a picnic in the garden, would that be fun?" Mai's cheery voice did nothing to sway the dark-skinned warrior, Rosa simply continued her herbs.

"pleeeasssse Rosa" she whined

"May I inquire as to why I hear such whining before noon?" Gethen walked into the herb area with her hands clasped behind her back. She was wearing a dark red blouse with puffy sleeves paired with a black corseted skirt -a classic upperclassman look that Gethen often wore when she wasn't wearing a red and black warrior hanbok, which she usually only wore at night since its easier to move in.

"my lady, we are going to have a picnic in the garden" came Mai's firm reply

"oh?" Gethen said raising an eyebrow

"yes, please tell Rosa she has to go" Mai pouted, Rosa only huffed in response

"my dear I'm afraid your absence will be greatly noticed if you do not show and I will not put up with more whining from Mai, so I insist" Gethen said a glint of teasing in her eyes. Mai's eager face looked at Rosa who grimaced.

"yes, my lady" she bowed

"yes!" Mai jumped around. Gethen smirked; 

what a child, she thought.