Chapter 19

Cao paced back and forth in his cave, shoulders tense. He threw a nearby candelabra across the room, shattering it.

Yates's whole body was shaking, his master had yet to even say anything after Yates met him when he got back last night. Yates was worried when his master had not returned when the sun rose yesterday, he even went back to the village and searched for clues but found nothing. Well, in regards to signs of his master he found nothing however Yates knew if Cao was alive he would be furious if he came back with nothing so Yates had searched the dead bodies including the body of Iris, the doctor, for clues of the human servant called Mai. Low and behold he found a medicine bag that he believes she dropped when attempting to heal the dying doctor. 

Yates had wanted to tell his master this information but his highness was angry pacing and eating any human who came into view. 

"your-your majesty, forgive me I have failed you I have failed to bring you your enemy I-" Yates stammered out

"yes! you failed! you had boosted your findings and it brought me nothing, your incompetence will cost you your life!" Cao bellowed Yates fell into a bow still shaking,

"your majesty, I have a lead on the servant, Mai, there is this bag," Yates pulled out the small brown sack and held it up for his master, head still in a bowed position, "her blood is on it as well so the scent will be strong the doctor claimed she did not know the location of where they live but the locals say-" Cao ripped the bag out of his hands and looked at then inhaled deeply into it.

"they- they say an odd lady walks around with the red-head and they have a place somewhere in the forest separate from the village if we search the area we can-" 

"by the time you find it, they would already be gone" he walked up to his throne and sat down "there is another servant what do you know of her?"

"Nothing I am afraid, the redhead seems to be more involved with the community I believe she won't leave it very easily"

"is that so?" Cao thought for a moment putting his hand on his chin

"the doctor described her as very loyal I believe she may stay in the village to help with the fall out of the vampire attack"

"bring the redhead to me, dead or alive" Cao gritted out.