Chapter 18: A Conversation With Dad & Punishment

Asami was about to get started when her phone started vibrating. The raven haired woman groaned a little before looking at the caller ID. The number that showed up was very familiar to her. It was her Father that was calling her. She quickly picked it up.

"D-Dad?"

"Hello Asami, it's been a long time"

"Y-Yeah, it has. Why are you calling me?" Asami asked confused.

"Well I've had a conversation with your... wife Korra and she made me realize what a horrible mistake that I have made. It wasn't right of me for trying to force you marry someone that you didn't love. I pushed you away from me and I have regret everyday since then. Please Asami, I beg for your forgiveness"

Hiroshi hated what he's done to his daughter and it was his own fault. He pushed her into cutting all contacts with him and pushed her further into Mako's arms. The Future Industries owners wants his daughter back and he wants to be a part of Asami's life again. He wants her forgiveness knowing full well that he doesn't deserve. I would understand if she wants nothing to do with me anymore.

I don't deserve it and I don't deserve a wonderful daughter like Asami. Asami was surprised that her Father was calling her at all let alone wanting to reconcile. She wanted to be mad Korra for going behind her back after telling her to drop it. The heiress couldn't truly stay mad at the fighter because she had good intentions for doing this.

She just wanted to help but I wished that she didn't go behind my back to do it. Who knows what my Father might have said to her? The fashion wants to reconnect with her Father but after so long. There was a lot of hurt feelings and his pride was definitely bruised after her leaving. How are we going to get through this? The Alaskan could see that her wife was fighting with herself over this. She was only helping to help, not make things worse with her big mouth.

"Dad, I'm sure if I forgive you just yet but I do want to repair our relationship. I miss you too" Asami said talking past the lump that was growing in her throat.

"That is all that I can ask of you. Asami... I love you" Hiroshi said smiling a little.

"I... love you too" Asami said hanging up.

She set her phone down on the nightstand and sighed a little. That was the most difficult phone conversation that I have ever had. Korra could see the tear building up in her wife's eyes and pulled her in close. Asami buried her head into the fighter's shoulder and cried. It hurt the Alaskan to see the heiress like this and held her tightly. What the hell is wrong with me?

I should have left it alone when Asami told me to but no, I didn't listen. Now she's crying because of my stubbornness. Nice going Korra, ya idiot. The fashion major stopped crying after a few minutes before pulling away. She wiped the tears away from her face and looked at her wife.

"Asami, I'm sorry. I should've listen to you and left- mmph" Korra was cut by Asami's lip.

"Don't be sorry. My Dad, he wants to reconcile with me" Asami said smiling a little.

"O-Okay then why was you crying then?" Korra asked confused.

"I guess that I had a lot of repressed pain inside of me that just came out. It got that phone conversation with my Dad for all of it to come out all at once" Asami said sighing.

"So you're not angry with me?" Korra asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, I'm not angry with you but you're still getting punished though" Asami said smirking.

"W-What? Why?" Korra asked shocked.

"Because you went behind my back and talked to my Dad after I told you to drop it"