Chapter 5: Back Home

I am gonna kill Bolin for forcing me to sit next to Asami on the bus. What did I do to deserve this? I mean come on universe, what did I do? Korra stared out of the window of the bus that she was riding on. She didn't want to look at the raven haired girl sitting next to her. The fighter wanted to strangle her green eyed boy. When they got on the bus, the Alaskan went to the back of the bus and put her duffel bag in the holding cabinet above her.

She sits in the back window seat and watched Mako take the seat in front of her. They haven't talked since Korra finished her fight with the Boulder and she is pretty content with that. Bolin came up behind him and he has a smirk on his face. Korra raised an eyebrow at him as the green eyed boy plops himself next to his big brother. What the hell is he doing?

The fighter sees the engineer walking towards her with her bag. The only seat that wasn't preoccupied was the one next to the Alaskan and she wasn't happy about it either. He planned this shit in order to irk me and it's working all too well. Bolin is so died when we get back home. Asami puts her bag in the holding cabinet before awkwardly sitting next to her wife.

She couldn't believe that she was sitting next to Korra but knows that Bolin planned for them to sit together on this trip. The engineer wants to get to know the fighter better but that's a two way street. Every time the heiress tries to make a conversation with her, the darker girl deflects every and any attempts at one. The paler girl leans back into the seat and cross her legs at the knees.

She pulls out a magazine and starts reading it to pass the time on the bus. Korra looks over her shoulder to see what Asami was reading and it was a fashion magazine with all kinds of fancy looking dresses. Of course she would reading something as boring and pointless as a fashion magazine. I just had to get a high maintenance chick for a wife.

The raven haired girl looks up slightly to see the fighter looking over her shoulder. The Alaskan quickly looks away and out the window causing the engineer to giggle a little. Least she's showing some interest in me even if it is a little bit. The taller girl reads the magazine at least twice before closing it and sitting in her lap. This is a really long bus ride.

She's ready to go home, take a nice hot bath, and get some sleep. Asami was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt on her shoulder. She turns to see that the shorter girl fallen asleep and her head is now resting on her shoulder.

The engineer smiled a little and kissed the top of Korra's head. She brush the darker girl's bangs out of her face and noticed that she looks a lot younger when she was asleep. It wasn't long before raven haired girl fell asleep as well. The newlyweds slept through the rest of the bus ride.

"Guys, guys wake up"

Korra was the first to wake up and notice that her head was on her wife's shoulder. This woken her up fully and jolted up causing to wake Asami up, groggily. The raven haired woman yawned daintily into her hand.

"We're back already?" Asami asked stretching a little.

"Yeah, we just got back. I would grab your stuff now before the bus driver get annoyed" Bolin said grabbing his bag.

Asami got out of her seat and open the holding cabinet above her. She grabs her bag and puts it over her shoulder. The engineer grabs her wife's duffel bag and hands it to. The fighter mutters her thanks and follows the taller woman off of the bus. She steps off of the bus and cracks her neck to get rid of the crick. The shorter woman cracks every part of her body that needed to be cracked.

I'm glad to be home and now I can get a good night's sleep then it's back to work. Korra slings her duffel bag over and starts making her way towards her apartment.