Chapter 10: Being Recruited

Korra woke the next morning with a comfortable weight resting on top of her. She hasn't slept this good in a long time and close to staying in bed for the rest of the day. Unfortunately she doesn't have that luxury, knowing full well that Tarrlok is expecting her to show up at the ring to work soon. The fighter doesn't know how long she can riding on the cash that she won from the fight with the Boulder. So she needs to get up and get ready.

Ugh, this is gonna looooong day. I can just feel the bruises coming. The Alaskan opens her eyes to find her wife practically on top of her with her head under her chin. The darker woman tries to untangle herself from the heiress but that was proving to be really difficult. The paler woman has an iron-tight grip on the shorter woman's waist and she snuggled deeper into her if possible. Korra sighed a little as she continued to miserably get the taller woman to let go off of her.

After 5 minutes, the fighter stop trying as she runs a hand through her hair. She pokes Asami's side earning a small snort but she didn't wake up. An idea popped into the Alaskan's head and ran her fingers up and down the heiress' sides. The older woman wakes up immediately and laughing. The younger woman continued to tickle her wife under she was completely under her. The fashion major laughs with a snort coming through.

She wasn't expecting to be woken up this way but was glad when Korra finally stop tickling her. Interesting, she's snorts when she laughs. It's kinda cute in a way, I guess.

"What was that for?" Asami asked catching her breath.

"I was getting out of the iron tight grip that you had me for last 5 minutes"

"Sorry, it's just you're just really warm and I like holding you" Asami said shrugging.

"So I have been told. Anyways I'm out" Korra said climbing off of Asami.

"Where are you going?" Asami asked sitting up.

"Don't worry about it" Korra said grabbing some clothes out of her drawer

"Korra please don't do this" Asami said sighing.

"Don't do what?" Korra asked raising an eyebrow.

"Pushing me away. I thought that we getting somewhat closer" Asami said pouting a little.

"I'm not pushing you away. I just don't see the need to tell you where I'm going" Korra said frowning a little.

"I worry about you, Korra especially after the way I found you that night. You might have gotten use to the idea yet but you are my family now and I want to take care of you" Asami said grabbing Korra's hand.

Korra looked into Asami's eyes and there was something there that was telling her that the green eyed beauty was telling her the truth. Green eyed beauty? Where the hell did that come from? I mean I can admit that Asami is a beautiful woman. I can admit in my mind anyways. The heiress was still staring at her and holding her hand and it was making the fighter a bit uncomfortable.

"Okay, okay fine. I'm going to the ring, happy now" Korra said sighing.

"Yes, yes I am and I'm going with you" Asami said smiling.

"Like hell you are. That place is no place for a lady" Korra said frowning.

"You're a lady and you work there" Asami said folding her arms.

"Me? A lady? That is definitely debatable" Korra said scoffing a little.

"I'm going with you to make sure that you don't get hurt"

"I highly doubt that you can stop the other fighters from wanting to kick the snot out of me"

"I can be rather convincing when it comes to my family. There's no way that you can stop from coming along" Asami said smiling.