Chapter 14: Meeting The In Laws Pt 2

Korra was looking forward to spending some time with her parents after being away from them for so long. Asami on the other hand was nervous about the whole thing. She wasn't too sure if the fighter's parents liked her. The fashion major has a feeling that they do but it's hard to tell. They could just be nice to me just because I'm married to their daughter.

Calm down, Asami. You have nothing to worry about... least I hope not. The raven haired woman got dressed in a white/red blouse. black leggings, and red 3 inch heels. She applied light make-up to her face when realizing that the Alaskan was staring at her through the mirror. A small blush crept into the porcelain cheeks of the heiress as she puts down the lipstick tube that she was holding.

The darker woman couldn't understand why the paler woman wear make-up so much. She's already naturally beautiful so I see the point of the gunk.

"Yuan for your thought?" Asami asked turning around to face Korra.

"I'm trying to figure out why you wear makeup so much. You're already naturally gorgeous" Korra said nonchalant.

"T-Thank you. I wear it because I like to seem like I'm put together" Asami said blushing a little.

"You always seem put together so I don't see how the stuff works" Korra said frowning slightly.

"Some people like me need it. It's hard to explain" Asami said shrugging.

"I guess that I will never understand" Korra said shaking her head.

"Let me put some on you" Asami said smiling.

"W-What? Sorry but no. You have been vetoed"

"Oh come on, you never wonder what it was like to wear makeup" Asami said raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, never crossed my mind" Korra said folding her arms.

"Really? Never?" Asami asked raising both eyebrows.

"I had mostly guy friends growing up so I wasn't interested that girly stuff" Korra said shrugging.

"Wow, I really am amazed but I don't think you really need makeup anyways"

"Why is that?" Korra asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because you have that natural beauty so makeup wouldn't really be necessary" Asami said smiling.

"Um t-thanks I guess" Korra said blushing slightly.

She never really had someone that she was beautiful. This is completely new experience for her. The fighter looked for anything deceit in her wife's word but it seems to be pretty genuine. The door bell rings snapping the couple out of their thoughts. Looks my parents are early. Korra gets up to answer the door with Asami close behind her.

The Alaskan looks the door to see her parents' smiling face before being pulled into a huge bear hug by her Dad. The heiress giggles as Tonraq squeezes the life out of her wife. Senna walked over to the raven haired woman and hugged her. The fashion major hugs her mother-in-law back.

"It's good to see you again, Asami" Senna said smiling.

"It's good to see you again too, Senna" Asami said smiling back.

"Tonraq, I would like to have our daughter in piece so let go" Senna said laughing her husband.

"Okay Honey" Tonraq said letting his daughter.

"I am really starting to think that you're trying to kill me" Korra said between breaths.

"Oh stop being melodramatic, Korra. I wouldn't kill you... not on purpose anyways" Tonraq said laughing.