Chapter 3: The Aftermath

Asami mentally sighs as she continues to get the girl sitting next to her to like her. She wants Korra to like her because they're going to be around each other no matter what. The fighter does blame her for why her and Mako didn't work out but the heiress still wants to be friends. What raven haired likes about Korra is how honest she is with her feelings and how confident she is with herself.

Asami wishes that she was like that but she doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings. The darker girl has her chin resting on the top of her knuckles and looking out the window. She hasn't said a word since they got into the limo and the paler girl wants her to say something... anything. The heiress was wearing a red dress that was hugging her curves in all the right places, red 3 heels and her hair was extra wavy.

The fighter was wearing a white dress shirt with the top 3 buttons unbuttoned to reveal a black tank top underneath, black jacket with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, black slacks and white sneakers. The engineer asked Bolin what she could do to get the fighter to like her and he told her that she should just be persistent. They were heading to the strip to get the night started.

Korra is ready to get out of limo and as far away from Mako and Asami as humanly possible. She told the detective that she would civil as she could be but she wants nothing to do with him or his new girlfriend. She's glad that she won't have to share a room with either them but why she does have to be in a limo with them. Could this limo possibly go any slower? Someone please put me out of my misery!

The fighter didn't want to anywhere near the raven haired girl and doesn't want to have a conversation with her. The Alaskan just want to get as far away from Asami and have some fun with Bolin. She's been deflecting any kind of effort that the taller girl has been trying to make with her and so far it has been working. The engineer has been trying to get to know her better but that's a two way street.

The fighter doesn't want to know anything about the older girl. The limo stop on the strip and the darker girl climbs out quickly. The group climbs out of the limo and the Alaskan was about to walk away when the paler girl grabs her by her wrist. Korra looks at the wrist holding her in place and glares at Asami.

"Korra, have a drink with me" Asami said smiling a little.

"I don't think so" Korra said shaking her head.

"Just one drink and I promise that I will leave you alone for the rest of the trip" Asami said pouting a little.

"You're not going to let this go, are you?" Korra asked sighing.

"No, no I'm not" Asami said grinning.

Asami was glad that Korra agreed to have a drink with her and is going to make the most of it. They walked into a bar and the bartender quickly takes their order.

"So what have you been up to lately?" Asami asked curious.

"Nothing that concerns you"

"Korra, I want us to be friends" Asami said taking Korra's hand in her own.

Korra removes her hand and stuff it into her jacket pocket. The fighter was glad when their drinks came. She didn't know that this one drink with the engineer will change her night and the rest of her life. The darker girl woke up the next night with a hangover. Ugh, I feel horrible. I am never drinking that much ever again. Korra looked around to see that she was back in her room but Bolin was no where in the room.

She isn't really worried since she knows that her friend is a big boy and can definitely take care of himself. The Alaskan rolled over onto her back and run a hand over her face. She feels something metal on her face and pulled her hand away from her face. Korra's eye widen to the sizes of dinner plates when she sees a pair of dice like ring on her right finger.