Chapter 9: Meeting The Mother In Law

Asami was checking herself in the mirror for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. She's never been this nervous about anything in her life but this is the first time that she's seen her mother in almost a year now. Since the raven haired girl decided to date Mako, her father kicked her out of the house and he cut off all contacts with her completely. He made sure that she wasn't able to step onto his property until she decides to choose who he chose to marry for her. It made it difficult to contact her mother after that day.

It's a been long time and the heiress misses her mother every day. Now she has a chance to see her and isn't going to pass it up. Make-up? Check. Hair? Check. Teeth? Check. Nothing was out of place. Asami is wearing a red dress that comes down all the way to her knees and matching flats. The raven haired woman walked into the bedroom to find Korra tying her light blue tie around her neck. The paler woman was a little surprised that fancy clothes since she sees her in nothing but t-shirts and jeans all the time.

It's definitely a nice change of pace from that. The darker woman was wearing a blue long sleeve dress shirt with a black vest over it, black slacks and black/white sneakers. Of course, she would be wearing sneakers but it seems to be working in her favor. I have to admit that she looks good. The shorter woman finished tying her tie, she turned around to look at her wife.

"How do I look? Fancy enough for you, Your Highness" Korra said with a mock bow.

"You look very nice and thank you for me. I really appreciate it" Asami said ignoring the sarcasm.

"You owe for this one but... you're welcome"

"Ready to go?" Asami asked smiling a little.

"After you" Korra said holding out the already open door.

Asami giggled as she walks out the room. Korra follows her out of the apartment and gets into the Satomobile. They drive towards Kwong's Cuisine on the nicer side of California. The fighter hasn't been on this side of town because it's filled with people that has a lot money than they know what to do with. It annoys her how stuck up these people can be. They think just because they have money they get to treat people like dirt if they're not on their level.

The Alaskan promised herself if she got a lot of money that it wouldn't change her. She would stay true to herself no matter what. The raven haired woman noticed how quiet her wife was during the ride. She's a lot quieter than usual even for her. It's worrying me a little. Should I ask what's bothering her?

"Are you okay, Korra?" Asami asked concerned.

"I'm fine. Just not used to being on this side of town" Korra said shrugging.

"It's not that bad once you get used it"

"If you say so but I don't think I can get used to all of this"

It wasn't long before the couple reached the restaurant. The valet parked the car when they got out and they walked into the establishment. Asami scanned the room for her mother and quickly spotted her right away. She grabs Korra's hand and leads her over towards the table that her mother is currently preoccupying. The fighter looks the older woman is practically the older version of her wife.

"That's what you're gonna look like in the future, you're gonna be having people heart attacks" Korra said looking at Asami.

"I'll take that as compliment" Asami said smiling.

"Sweetheart, it's been so long" Mrs. Sato said hugging her daughter like she hasn't seen her in years.

"I've missed you, Mama" Asami said hugging her mother tightly.

Korra smiled a little. She was glad that Asami was having this moment with her mom but feels like she's intruding on it. The fighter stood back as much as she could. The mother and daughter moment came to end when Mrs. Sato looked at the Alaskan. The darker woman felt a little uncomfortable under the older woman's gaze. The paler woman pulled away from her daughter and looked at shorter woman in front of her.