Chapter 6: Feeding The Wife

Korra woke up to the sound of her phone ringing on her nightstand. Who the hell is calling me this early in the morning? The fighter rubbed her eyes before answering her phone. It was her 'manager' Tarrlok and his snaky voice. Speak of the devil. Why is this snake calling me for?

"Hey Champ, how was your trip?" Tarrlok asked smirking.

"Like you care" Korra said frowning.

"I'm hurt that you would say that, Korra. I do care about my fighter"

"What do you want?" Korra asked rolling her eyes.

"Set up some fights for you today and the prize money is bigger than the normal prize money"

I could use the money for food and the rent. I can feel the bruises coming on. Tarrlok knows that Korra needs the money and he needs the money too. He's banking on the money that the Alaskan brings in. The manager wasn't going to risk his health for some money but he would risk his fighter's live for a quick buck. Tarrlok has lost some fighters in several rigged matches but no one can prove it.

"Fine, I'm on way" Korra said hanging up the phone.

Korra sat her phone on the nightstand and tries to get out of bed but couldn't. She looks down to see a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. The fighter forgot that Asami needed to hold onto her to fall asleep last night. The Alaskan detangled herself from her wife to get out of bed. She got of bed and stretched out the kinks out of her body.

The darker woman grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. She changed into a black t-shirt and blue basketball shorts. Korra walked back into her bedroom to find the paler woman still asleep with the blanket resting around her waist. The fighter notice that the heiress still looks flawless with no hair out of place. How can she still look flawless without any bed hair? I'm lucky to get mild bed hair with the short hair that I got.

The Alaskan sighs as she pulls the blanket up higher onto the engineer's body. She put some ankle socks on before putting her blue Chucks on. Korra heard some movements from behind her but ignores it.

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry about it" Korra said grabbing her phone off of the nightstand.

"Why are you up so early?" Asami asked curious.

"None of your business" Korra said standing up.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" Asami asked sighing.

"You should know the answer by now" Korra said grabbing her backpack.

"Korra, I know that you don't like us being legally together but we should least try and get along with each other"

Korra rolled her eyes and rolled her eyes. She doesn't like being legally tied to anyone especially the raven haired girl. The Alaskan doesn't want to married to her at all but it's not like she has a choice. She has to stay married to a person that she can't stand in order to get the money. With that money, Korra could do a lot with it and make a better life for herself.

"Thank for telling me. Um can I borrow some clothes until I get my own from Mako's place?" Asami asked nervously.

"I'm not sure if I have anything that I would have anything that would fit you but go ahead. Later" Korra said leaving out of the room.

Asami sighed a little. She really wants to get along with Korra but she's proving to be very difficult. The fighter won't let her through the barriers that she has surrounding her. The raven haired girl wants to break through them and see what the Alaskan is hiding. Why is she hiding herself? Bolin says that Korra is a fun person to be around but when she's around me, she's really hostile. What do I have to do to get through to her?