CHAPTER 23: Aegi

MINA'S POV

I just arrived in Gimpo Airport from Japan since today is the day that our managers are expecting us to come back so basically this is the end of our two weeks break. While I'm walking on the main exit of the airport there are a lot of flashing cameras and I'm kind of usual to it, several Onces are waiting too.

I decided to check my phone and at exact time of opening it, Chaeng is calling me. I immediately answered it to know the reason why she's calling.

MN: Hey?

CY: Hey, I knew you safely arrived. I saw it from the net.

I just smiled knowing that she keeps herself updated earlier when I departed the airport up until now that I arrived in Korea.

MN: You're updated, Chaeng Chaeng.

CY: Of course Minguin.

CY: I'm actually here at the Gimpo Airport. I can see you smiling widely.

MN: Seriously? What are you doing here?

I unbelievably asked since I'm not really expecting her to be here.

CY: I want to see you even from afar, Minguin.

I'm flustered on how she answered so I just smiled.

MN: Chaeng Chaeng, I need to end this call now.

CY: Okay Minguin.

I don't exactly know wherever she is so I try to look around but I'm having a hard time finding her since there are a lot of Onces plus I am accompanied by Manager-unnie so I think it's really impossible for me to find her.

I just gave up looking for her from bunch of people so I just focus myself to get to the car as soon as possible since I'm tired from my flight. As we reached the car Manager-unnie immediately opened the door for me so I quickly entered.

"What are you doing here?" I shockingly questioned as I see Chaeyoung sitting on the car seat beside me.

"Wae?" She asked then laughs adorably

"Our body guards might kick you out from here." I warned her since she's not really allowed to be here in the car with me.

"Ahh. Jinjja?"

"I'm not joking, Chaeng Chaeng! Look, there are a lot of cameras outside. What if they kick you out? You'll be on the news headline plus the management will file a case. I can't do anything if it's against the management" I explained frustratingly.

She just laughed and plays with the mini laburi hanging.

"Minguin, why so serious huh?" she asked

"Why not?"

"I'm with Dahyun-shi on the way here but she told the manager to drop her off to the supermarket because she'll be buying some snacks plus she told the manager that she'll leave me in the car because you also knew me." She explained.

"Would they kick me out? Would they file a case against me for intruding your privacy?" She added then laughs

"You're annoying" I simple answered.

"Why?" she curiously asked.

"I've been looking for you on the crowd, you gave me hard time tss" I stated while smirking then I avert my gaze to my phone.

As I am opening the phone she suddenly pulled it from my hand then hides it on her pocket.

"Yaaa! What are you doing?!"

"I'm here beside you. Are you going to talk to someone aside from me?" She seriously questioned while staring deeply to my eyes.

"Yes. I'll talk to Bambam" I jokingly stated but I'm wearing a swearing expression.

She just stared at me wearing her signature smirk then started to get my phone from my pocket.

"Here. Go and talk to him" she stated without wearing any expression.

I just frowned since it's evident that she's mad right now. No one dare to make noise so the whole ride stayed silent up until the manager speaks.

"We'll stop by the supermarket first because Dahyun's waiting there"

As she informed us the ride immediately became quiet again. I can't bear not talking with Chaeng Chaeng since somehow it is my fault so I move closer to her then holds her hand. She just looks at me then makes a sad face. I smiled knowing that she's just jealous over my joke so I leaned on her shoulder.

"Chaeng Chaeng?" I ask in a lowered voice.

She didn't answer me so I just hold her hand much tighter then whispered on her ear.

"I'm sorry, baby" I said then quickly looked down feeling embarrassed since it's my first time calling someone like that.

She still didn't respond and I can see from my peripheral vision that she's looking outside. There's a tingling feeling on my stomach as I feel that she's caressing my hand using her thumb while we're holding hands tightly.

"I'll just be fetching Dahyun okay?" the manager suddenly blurted.

We just nodded while still holding hands.

"A-am I your baby now?" she slowly asks.

I smiled looking genuinely on her eyes memorizing every traces of it then nodded slowly.

She can't hide her happiness as she hears my confirmation to the point that her smile seems to be indestructible.

"Yaaah! Unnie, welcome back!" Dahyun exclaimed cutting of our moments in our little world.

"Yes. Thank you" I answered.

"We'll be having a movie marathon later and guess what?"

"What?" I curiously ask.

"Our co-members invited Chaeyoung" She proudly stated.

I just nodded then smiled at her.

"Mina-unnie, aren't you happy that they invited her?" Dahyun suddenly asked.

"Of course I am." I quickly answered.

Dahyun just smiled then change her attention to the plastic bag that she's carrying.

"I bought a lot of snacks for us" she stated.

"Jinjja?"

"Ne. Yaa! Simba, I bought strawberries for you"

"Thank you but I'm not Simba, tss tofu" Chaeyoung blatantly responded.

Dahyun just pouted then moves closer to me.

"What's going on? Why are you holding hands?" she whispered through my ears.

I almost forgot that Chaeng and I are still holding hands and I think Chaeng don't have any plans to let go of my hand yet.

I smiled then looked down since I cannot answer Dahyun's question right at this moment.

"Okay. I get it. Congratulations" she stated then chuckles.

It is still unbelievable to say that we just knew each other through message because she got a wrong number and now we're already dating. I knew we need to hide this first since it is not yet openly accepted in Korea and one more thing is that I am in an industry where every action does have an equal consequence. I hope that we overcome every challenge that we'll going to face, together.