CHAPTER 8: Hunch of Truth

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I received a message earlier from our coach informing that we are allowed to have a rest for one week before going back to practice so here I am heading to a restaurant to meet my old school bestfriend. I studied in Hanlim Multi-Arts School so back then my grandmother expects me to pursue a career related in music or arts industry but I chose to pursue playing football for some reasons. I'm already here at Dunchon-dong and I'm contacting my best friend since I don't exactly know the restaurant that she's in. I'm originally living here in Dunchon-dong, Seoul but apparently my parents decided to just let us live with my grandparents in Gyeonggi-do so basically my mother sleeps in our house here during weekdays. Going back, I'm waiting for the reply but I can see her going onto my direction.

"Yo!" I greeted her

"Yo!" She greeted as well.

"Yo! Kim Dahyun, how's life?" I jokingly asked.

She just laughed at my question. And I know what you were thinking. Yep, Kim Dahyun of Twice is my best friend. This is also one of the reasons why I became a fan of Twice because I wanted to support my best friend's chosen career up until loving their songs and being a fan of her co-members.

"To answer your question tiger. I'm doing great" She laughingly answered.

"Do you not have schedules right now? Why'd you decided to meet up with me? You probably missed me. Hahahaha" I jokingly said why touching her nostrils.

"Chaeyoung-ah, hajima. You really like doing this with my nostrils" She said.

"We do have individual schedules today but mine aren't that loaded so I'm free to do anything that I wanted to" she added.

"That's why you decided to meet me? "

"Yeah. How are you doing by the way?" She asked.

"I'm doing great. Our team just won with our recent match. Anyway, how's my Mina?"

"Yaah. Stop owning Mina as if she's yours. She doesn't even know you exist" she answered while laughing.

"Then let her know me"

"I can't. You may be my best friend but I can't simply trust your glares and smirks when it comes to girls"

"I'm just a fan. Why aren't you allowing me? Wae?"

"Are you this bad with Onces? Is this how you treat your co-member's fan? Ahh Jinjja." 

"Because you sucks. And no, I'm not like that with our fans. Just only with you." she laughs hard and I just raised my right eyebrow.

We decided to order food and enjoy this precious time meeting each other. Every time that Dahyun and I meet up our conversation's full of arguments, teasing each other, laughs and individual stories. While we were eating her phone suddenly rings so meaning someone's calling her. Since her phone is on the top of the table I'm a bit curious of who it is and I can't be mistaken it's Mina. She quickly grabbed her phone and answer.

"Yeoboseyo?" Dahyun greeted.

I can't obviously hear what's the person on the phone is saying because it is not on a speaker mode.

"Jihyo-unnie? Why are you using Mina-unnie's phone?"

"Ahh. Aniyo. I'm here at Dunchon-dong. I'm with my best friend"

"Ne. Arasso. Bye" Dahyun said then hang up her phone.

"Mianhae. I thought it was Mina-unnie so I immediately answered it because if it was really her it is very unusual for her to call me" She explained.

"Wae?" out of curiousity I asked Dahyun.

"Jihyo-unnie used Mina-unnie's phone to ask me if I'm with Momo and Sana"

"Mina-unnie, doesn't used to call us using her phone unless we are the one calling her then that's the time that we get to talk to her through phone." Dahyun added.

"Ahh. So she's really quiet isn't she?" I asked

"I can't say. Sometimes she is but what's amazing about her is she's crazy and she's going along with us if we're making fun" she answered.

I just nodded. I just can't believe that she's sharing too much about her co-member Mina knowing that I'm kind of attracted with that person.

"Yaah! Wae?" she asked.

I don't know what I'm thinking right now but I'll really feel contented if I ask her this one thing. I don't even know why I came up with this freaking idea.

"Dahyun-ah?" I asked while looking at her with puppy eyes.

This is basically not me. I used to act like this if I'm around with people I'm closed with like Dahyun, Somi and of course my family. I don't like showing my soft side to the other people. I want them know that I'm neither afraid nor soft. They can freely judge me but I don't care.

"Wae?"

"Can I take a peek on Mina's number?

" Wae? Wae? Aniyo" she said while laughing

"Please?"

"Are you that desperate?"

"Aniyo, I'll just take a peek and I'll not memorize the number."

"Ahh. Jinjja?" She teasingly said.

"Ne. I'll try to construct a phone number using the numbers that I remembered by taking a peek on that. Maybe I'll get lucky and construct her exact number. Please?"

"Funny. Do you think she will reply? She's afraid to talk to someone she didn't even knew personally" she jokingly said.

"Okay. I'll show you quickly. Don't tend to memorize that much. Arasso? I'll give you 5 seconds only."

I smiled at her mischievously and there she showed me my idol's number. I'm not that kind of a desperate fan I'm just really attracted with her face and of course if in case that I didn't get to memorize I will not have high hopes since as Dahyun told me there's just a small chance for Mina to reply.

"5" she started to count

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Enough."

"Kamsahamnida (Thank you)"

"Can I check what you've just memorized?" Dahyun said arrogantly.

"Yaah! I got to memorized only three numbers"

"You'll be fine with that as for now" she answered

I'm only pretending that I'd only memorized three numbers. I'm hoping that I will not forget it later on my way home for me to save it on my phone.

"Okay. Thank you for that three numbers, dubu!' I exclaimed.

"Anyways, I need to go now Chaeyoungie. Thank you for giving time meeting up with me" she said while standing up getting ready to leave.

"Ne. Welcome and Thank you again for the three numbers" I jokingly said.

"But seriously, thank you for spending your extra time with me. Till next time, Dubu. I'll miss you" I added while smiling.

"Ne. Gumawo. Don't act as if we'll never meet again. Bye,Chaeyoungie. " she bids goodbye and hugs me.

I really admire my best friend Dahyun because despite of her success in her chosen career path she's still the same. Dahyun being humble, being dork and being reliable. We may not talk or meet from time to time but I knew that our friendship doesn't have endings.