CHAPTER 19: She's Into You

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I'm waiting for Dahyun right now here at our favorite amusement park since she asked me yesterday night if I could join her. I ditched our practice today and our coach is probably angry right now because of what I've done but I just want to chill today. I want to release some negativities through the amusement park rather than practicing and feeling much more pressured.

I think Dahyun is having a hard time getting here and I'm starting to feel bored while waiting, I decided to finally tell Mina my decision. It will hurt me I know, but I think this is the best for now since I don't want to fall for her and just destroy our friendship. One more thing, she's straight and she doesn't even know that I tend to like both genders. She may not accept me as her friend if she finds out.

CY: Hey. How are you?

I sent that simple message first to see if she'd be replying.

MN: Good. I'll be going back to Japan later.

I wasn't expecting it but she replied in just a matter of seconds. Maybe she's not doing something, maybe she's not with her boyfriend.

CY: Okay. Hope you have a safe flight.

I coldly answer since I'm preparing to send her a message telling her my decision.

MN: Yep. Thanks Chaeng Chaeng.

This may also hurt me but I think this is the best decision. I'll not talk to her for a while to remove my feelings that are starting to grow, I'll talk to her once I can confirm that I just only see her as my friend.

CY: I'm sorry but I think I need to focus on practicing since our team will be facing a big match. Don't talk to me for a while I cannot respond to it either.

MN: Are you practicing right now?

She ignored what I said and just asked me instead. I don't know I think it is really easy for her since I'm just her newly met friend. However I decide, it's nothing on her. She has a lot of fans, she probably does also have acquaintances back in Japan, and she has her co-members. She has everything.

Although I'm really not on a practice right now I just told her that I'm busy practicing to end our conversation.

MN: Okay, Chaeng. Take care always.

As I open the last message I can see Dahyun approaching me, she's kind of different today, she's wearing an unreadable expression, not the one that I'm used to.

"Hey! What's with that face?" I jokingly asked to change the mood.

She just looks at me without even smiling that is why I'm starting to be afraid thinking of what I've done wrong to her.

"Dahyun-ah! What's the problem?" I once again asked since it was very evident that something going on.

"I'm supposedly coming with Mina-unnie" she plainly stated while straightly looking into my eyes.

I'm still processing what she has said. I can't think right at this moment knowing that she's supposedly coming with Mina so basically, Mina knew that I'm not really practicing right now. I made a huge mess. Fuck. Son Chaeyoung. Fuck. She knew you were lying in the first place but she still replied.

I looked down and didn't answer Dahyun since now I knew the reason why she's acting up like this.

"I told I'll support you but what did you do?"

"I told her that I'm busy practicing right now. I don't even have an idea that she's coming with you" I answered in a low voice.

"So you lied?"

I slowly nodded to answer her question.

"If only you get to see her you'll knew how hurt she is." Dahyun said in a very disappointed tone.

"We care so much with each other and I hope you understand why I'm so frustrated right now" she added.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"I don't have a freaking idea Son Chaeyoung"

"Mina-unnie seems to be so much attached with you that she even gathered her courage to ask me earlier if it's okay that she'll join us. She's not like that, she'll be more likely to stay at our dorm if she has a free time. What more? She always asks me about you. I think she's so much into you, without her realizing it."

I don't know how to response hearing everything about Mina because I knew I messed it up.

"I just told you yesterday that there's something different with her every time I see her holding her phone talking to you. She seldom smiles without a reason but with you? She always does even if you don't see her, she does her gummy smile, Chaeyoung."

"I think you guys are both starting to fall in love with each other though you just met. I can say that there's a certain connection between you two, and only you guys knew" Dahyun said.

"How can you say that?" I finally asked.

"Say what?" she irritatingly asked.

"Mina's straight."

"Well. Ask her. You made up this mess, fix it yourself. I'll help you with limitations" Dahyun said while smirking.

"I'm sorry if I got you involved with this." I simply answered.

"Let's just not continue this for today, go home and take rest Chaeng." Dahyun said and started to pull me for a hug.

"I'm sorry that I got mad to you." She added.

"That's fine. It's my fault"

What I'm feeling right now is indescribable. Knowing that I have a chance with Mina gives me hope but knowing that I did something that can destroy what we have built is something that I cannot take to forgive myself if I didn't fix it.

------

DAHYUN'S POV

I can't take what's happening right now that I feel like I need to do something. It's a secret between Mina-unnie and me that is why I told Chaeyoung to ask Mina herself, I'm talking about sexuality if you're kind of confused right now.

Out of all the members Mina-unnie is the one who doesn't seem to be close with me, she rarely talks with me that is why I was shocked when not too long ago she told me that she's kind of confused about her sexuality. She told me that she really is not straight but she is still on a confusing stage where she still questions herself and is having a hard time to accept it. Mina-unnie also shared a lot about anything to me and that makes me realize that she's someone who needs to be love because of her personality.

"Dahyun-ah, Mina went back to Japan earlier" Nayeon-unnie welcomed me with information about Mina-unnie.

I nodded at her then smiled.

"I thought you're with Mina, why did she returned much earlier that she managed to go to airport without letting us know except of Nayeon" Jihyo said.

"I don't know either, unnie. I'll take a rest for awhile" I answered then walks straight to our room passing by Jihyo-unnie

So Mina-unnie went back to Japan. We have two weeks break and I don't know when she'll be coming back. I hope Chaeyoung will take everything that I have said seriously. She's my best friend and I'm willing to help her but since Mina-unnie is special to me as my co-member that I used to lived with for years now I'll only help her with limitations. They're both important to me and I hope they will still become good friends whatever happens.