// 38 \\

A/N: doesn't really get NSFW, but NSFW stuff is discussed and implied even more than usual, so be prepared

real life

Milana opened the door and was greeted by two Americans and one Brit. "Hey, guys!"

Tom tilted his head in slight confusion. "Something about you answering the door at my house doesn't make sense."

"Oh yeah, I got in last night, and I still have a key from when we used to live together, so I stayed here." She grinned and ushered them inside.

"Alright, that's fair."

"I'll be out of your hair after the party tonight, though, so don't worry. Happy birthday, by the way."

"Thanks. You can stay here, I'm pretty sure we have enough space."

Harrison walked in as they all set their bags down by the front door. "Oh, hey guys. Happy birthday, Tom."

"Is this even my house anymore?" Tom asked, chuckling.

"Oh, yeah, Jacob and I just picked Tessa up from your parents' house."

As if on cue, Tessa came racing into the room and Tom kneeled down to pet her. "Where's Jacob?"

"Asleep on the couch."

Tom nodded, accepting that answer, and stood up again. "Alright, I'm gonna go change because I have serious jet lag. Kell, you wanna come with me?"

Kellan raised his eyebrows. "Oh, fuck yeah." He grabbed his bag and jogged after Tom into his bedroom.

"They're gross," Harrison scoffed.

"Yup. I had to deal with them for eleven hours straight. Eleven hours of 'babe' and 'sweetie'. It was a relief when they finally fell asleep." Harrison laughed at that. "I really don't know what we're gonna do about the rumours circulating now. I mean, Joey helped a little, but that won't stop people from saying all sorts of shit."

Milana nodded. "We've just gotta keep him away from all social media."

"And if he finds out, we have to keep his mind off of it."

Just then, they heard a thunk come from Tom's bedroom. Milana scrunched up her nose in distaste. "I think Kellan's already got that part covered."

Harrison groaned out loud. "We should leave before we hear anything else."

Zendaya walked over to Jacob's sleeping form on the grey sofa and shook him awake as she said, "Good idea."

The four of them left about a minute later and went out for lunch. The entire time, they discussed the 'game plan' to make sure no other proof of 'tomlan' hit the press.

"Okay, so tomorrow he might come out to Nikki and Dominic," Harrison started. "And there's pretty much no way we can avoid Sam and Harry finding out tonight. Tom always gets absolutely smashed on his birthday, and he's a clingy drunk."

Milana took a small bite of her sandwich and said, "So then we can tell him either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning before he leaves for Bali."

"I vote for Tuesday night. That way he can talk it through with Kellan before they part ways."

Jacob held up a finger, signaling for them to wait a moment. He took a large sip of his iced tea and spoke up. "What do we do if he isn't ready yet?"

"We're gonna have to make sure they aren't seen together," Zendaya muttered, clearly upset by the thought. "It'll be difficult. On our flight, they made plans to meet up almost once a week until the press tour is over."

"Ha, that's gay."

They all gave Milana weird looks.

"Sorry, it's a gay thing."

That was met with a chorus of "Ah, okay," and they all went back to the conversation.

"So they'll stay away from paps as much as possible."

"And if they're ready?"

"Then we keep them away from social media again, because Tom definitely doesn't need his coming out experience to be ruined with a shit ton of haters and homophobic assholes."

real life

"So...we've never done that before."

"No, we have not."

"More specifically, you've never done that before."

Tom nodded.

"Did you, uh—"

"Yeah, I liked it a lot."

"Right. That's good. I probably could have done better, though, right? Maybe the jet lag threw me off. I don't know. I could have been be—"

"Kell."

"Yeah?"

"It was fantastic. Really. Honestly, I didn't know it could be that great."

"Oh, okay." Kellan tried to sound nonchalant, but he had a huge grin on his face. "Good. I'm glad you liked it." They laid there for a while until Kellan sighed heavily. "How long until your party?"

Tom reached over and pressed the home button on his phone. "Like five hours."

"Oh, thank god. I was worried I'd have to get up now."

"Nope. We have time." He snaked an arm around Kellan's stomach and closed his eyes.

"You know, in five hours, we could do that a few more times."

Tom leaned up on his elbows. "A few. A few more times. If we do that even once more, I'll never survive my party. I'll pass out from exhaustion after half a beer."

Kellan chuckled. "Just wait. You're really in for it when you stand up."

"Oh, god, I almost forgot about that part," Tom whined. "Another good reason to not do that again right now."

"Some other time, though, would you want to? Or do you think that was just a one time thing?" Kellan asked, getting nervous again.

"Oh, we're definitely doing that again. Maybe tomorrow?"

He scoffed. "Oh yeah, sure, let's fuck right before we have dinner with your parents. Cause that's a good idea."

"No, you dickhead." Tom playfully slapped his chest. "I mean after that."

"Maybe. Just make sure you'll survive the flight the morning after."