chapter eleven

as i write this a/n, i get internet back in one week. hopefully instead of prewriting, i can just write nonstop and publish chapters normally.

note: this chapter and the next one are kinda sad, especially the next chapter. i'm finally getting to the climax and thus, the 2doc-ish stuff!

note from feb 1 2022: welcome to the "murdoc is a bitch-ass cunt" chapter, enjoy ur stay

****

2D had finally accepted the fact that he liked Murdoc, as more than a friend, but hadn't decided when to tell him. There was now, of course, but that seemed too eager, obviously. He couldn't just go up to him and be like, "Oh yeah, by the way, Murdoc, I have a massive crush on you". No, that's too upfront and eager.

Then, there was New Year's—either New Year's Eve or even the day of. That, in 2D's opinion, would be the best time. Wait until Murdoc was wasted off his arse, then tell him. Hopefully, he would be drunk enough to actually be nice about it and not reject him. Hopefully.

2D was stood in his room, two days after Christmas, trying to figure out how to tell Murdoc about his attraction.

"Hey Murdoc, nice shirt by the way. Anyways, you know how we're friends—or sorta like friends, yeah? Well, I've been thinking about what if we were more than friends?"

2D shook his head. That would most likely get Murdoc to hit him. Being hit was not ideal. He sighed and sat on the bed. There were five days left and he still hadn't even figured out what he was going to say.

He decided to give up for now and lied back on the bed, closing his eyes and groaning.

There was a knock at the door, making him lift his head. "Who is it?" he called, sitting up and folding his hands on his lap. "It's uh– it's Murdoc. Can I come it?"

2D nodded. "Yeah, sure. Come in," he said and the door opened slowly. He guessed Murdoc was nervous, both by the tone of his voice and the look on his face.

"Listen, about Christmas Eve. I really was tired. I hadn't expected you to come home then. You coulda at least given me a warning," he said and 2D smiled. "Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, Murdoc," he said softly and Murdoc smiled. "I hate surprises," he stated matter-of-factly and 2D shrugged.

"I know, but I thought you'd've liked that one to be fair," he said. "Eh, I guess it was better than normal surprises."

Murdoc left the room without another word and 2D was once again left with his own thoughts.

***

Two days remained. In two days 2D was finally going to admit his feelings towards Murdoc and hopefully not be rejected. He didn't know how it would end, but he was quite sure that rejection would lead to something horrible.

He was currently in the kitchen and as it was morning, he poured himself a bowl of Cheerios. 2D sliced a banana into the bowl and sat in the living room with it. Murdoc had most likely been gone long before the bluenette had woken up—however, 2D didn't blame him. In fact, there was no hatred felt towards the person whom he had decided he felt something more than friendship towards.

But still, he sighed, wondering why he of all people liked Murdoc in this way; this way that was considered love. He ignored the thoughts and ate his cereal in silence.

After eating his cereal, 2D got to his feet and put the bowl in the kitchen before going back up to his room. He still didn't know how to tell Murdoc, and figured if he didn't find out sooner, he'd run over his words and forget what he was going to say entirely.