-Chapter 6-

Neville left the hospital wing a day later, perfectly normal. He walked towards the fat lady who said: "Password?"

"Er.. Was it Pig Snout?"

The fat lady shook her head pitifully. "That was the password five years ago." Neville racked his brains. After several attempts of 'tapeworm', 'baubles', and 'mimbulus mimbletonia' he finally got it,and the fat lady reluctantly swung open the door. He was greeted by exited bustling, and with a glance at the notice board, Neville knew why. How could he forget? Today was the first trip to Hogsmeade this year. He'd be going alone as usual. He let Filch jab him with the security sensor, and spotted Luna in the crowd. Neville stumbled over to her. "Luna!"

"Oh, Hi Neville. Are you going to Hogsmeade alone?"

"Uh, yes." Neville felt like he'd forgotten something. Not like that was unusual, but something big.

"So am I", continued Luna, "so maybe we should go together?"

Now Neville knew what he should of done. He was such an idiot. Why didn't he think of that? "Uh, yes, sure, why not?" Neville noticed he was chattering like a blackbird. He closed his mouth, feeling embarrassed.

Later on, he was sitting in the three broomsticks with Luna. Neville ordered them two Butterbeers.

"Look! Longbottom and Lovegood!" Pansy Parkinson was pointing at them, rolling with laughter. "Ugh, Lovegood, can't say that's a very good choice."

Neville looked away, going a bright red. But Luna smiled at Pansy in her usual way.

"Well, I don't think so. I can sit with any of my friends and it's. Not up to you to say if it's good or not." Neville turned around surprised. "Thanks, Luna."

"Well, it's true."

Neville took a deep breath. "Luna, I l..." The rest of his sentence was drowned by an exited squeal. "Neville, look! A crumple-horned Snorsnack! I must get a closer look!" Luna disappeared in a heart beat.

"ove you.", Neville angrily finished under his breath. Outsmarted by a crumple-horned Snorsnack. Whatever next?