-Chapter 11-

"Drink?", asked Neville for the tenth time. The girl shook her head. Neville snorted angrily. And not for the first time he wished there had been another way to get to Slughorn's party except to ask if he could serve drinks after all. But the point was no one wanted any drinks. Neville had the feeling he would be blamed for not advertising the drinks well enough or something stupid. "Neville, m'boy!", cried a most unpleasant voice. "No, no, no", muttered Neville under his breath. To late. Slughorn saw the full platter. "Ah, no drinks gone? What a shame!", Neville saw him frown slightly. And taking one himself, Slughorn slid off. Neville looked around, horrified to see that the rumours were true- a vampire really was here. Neville made sure he kept enough distance. Hermione ran past Neville, nearly knocking him over. "I'm sorry! oh it's you Neville." Hermione glanced around. "If he comes this way, tell him I went to the bathrooms or something!"

"Who? Tell who?"

"Cormac Mclaggen. Oh he's coming! See you Neville." And with that, she sped off, leaving Neville to tell McLaggen that Hermione had gone to the bathroom or something...no, she definitely went to the bathroom. Neville continued to serve drinks, but not a single one went. The first one to take a drink, Neville found himself desperately thinking, will be my hero. Suddenly, there was a lot of shouting. Then, Draco Malfoy appeared, being dragged by the ear by Filch.

"Professor Slughorn", wheezed Filch, "I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs crops it's he claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out. Did you issue him with an invitation?"

Malfoy pulled himself free of Filch's grip. "All right, I wasn't invited! I was trying to gatecrash, happy?"

"No I'm not!", Filch said, gleefully, "You're in trouble, you are! Didn't the headmaster say that night time prowling a out, unless you've got permission, didn't he, eh?"

"That's alright, Argus, that's alright", said Slughorn, waving a hand, "it's Christmas and it's not a crime to want to go to a party. Just this once, we'll forget any punishment; you may stay, Draco." And with that, the conversation was over. The party continued. Neville began to think that Malfoy gatecrashing would be the most exiting event. But he was wrong. "Neville! Over here!" And Neville spun around and looked directly into a pair of silver eyes. "Oh, Luna! Where's Harry?"

"Bathroom", Luna said cheerfully, "great party, isn't it?"

Neville nodded reluctantly. Then, both of them just stood there, in silence. "Your eyes, they're beautiful.", Neville suddenly blurted out.

"Thank you, no ones ever said that to me before." And for the first time, Neville saw Luna look surprised. Then, she turned around. "I'd better go and find Harry. Merry Christmas, Neville."

"M..Merry Christmas, Luna."

A/N: Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to @Mimi_Laughs_A_Lot who is a great supporter!!!! If you have the time, everybody, pls read her Nuna fanfic 'Mad for her'!!!!