𝟨.𝟧

a/n;
it's finally here!!! it's a long ass chapter but what we've all been waiting for happens right at the end so just hang on. i tried so hard to make this chapter as perfect as possible, i really hope you enjoy reading as much as i enjoyed writing it, as much as i've enjoyed writing this like all the chapters so far. but it's not over yet!! five more chapters, and then a whole ass sequel to get ready for❤️❤️❤️

but i'd suggest you sit down, grab a glass of water and take a few deep breaths before you read this chapter hehehe

FOUR HOURS EARLIER

aurora versini
25/05/18
5:21pm
new york city, usa

"See you soon, baby!" Shawn says as he ends the phone call, the smile in his voice evident. My heart glows in the knowledge that the smile is for me. I rest my back against the door, pulling up settings on my phone and connecting to the speaker.

The album has finally been released. It doesn't feel like two minutes since I was whining to Shawn about wanting to listen, and now it's here in my library just waiting to be played. I set my phone down on the side, pressing play on the album without glancing at the track names. I wanted every record to be a surprise, it's own experience. And I knew with Shawn's talent and all the memories of us he'd wrapped into it, I wouldn't be disappointed.

And as the opening lines of In My Blood begin to play, Shawn's voice as smooth as honey over recurring guitar chords, I'm ready to fall in love with him all over again. I've heard this song the most, but it never gets old. It's so raw and brimmed with emotion, giving his fans a glimpse at his true identity, the one I've gotten to know and grown to love more than anyone else that's in my life.

My brain picks up the lyrics and I begin to sing as I remove my clothes, stepping under the steaming water of the shower. By the time my hair is shampooed and the song is almost over I'm screaming the lyrics, wishing Shawn was next to me to scream them with me. He'll be here soon, I tell myself. We could even have another listening party, just the two of us, when the party's over.

His voice fades out and the song ends as I pick up my conditioner, lathering it into my hair to the beat of the next song. I smile, knowing what it is straight away as the riff I composed off the top of my head right here in this apartment plays out on my speaker, soon to be accompanied by his voice yet again. If I had any idea in that moment of what the future held, I wouldn't believe it. I would never have thought I'd share a love like this, as cliché as it sounds.

"I play piano and guitar." He tells me, his eyes flitting to the piano in the corner of the room. I've been meaning to get rid of it; it takes up way too much space. But it was a moving-in gift from my mother, and I can't bear to let it go.

"My mom wanted me to learn piano, but my dad played guitar. Being the typical daddy's girl I was, I learnt guitar to spite my mom." I remember, absentmindedly playing something I can briefly remember from one of the songs my dad composed on our vacations. "I can barely remember anything now. I could probably still play sweet child of mine if I tried."

"Whatever you're playing now sounds ok." A compliment from him is incredible. After googling him I realised I had heard some of his music before, and it'd done more than impressed me. For someone so young, he had an incredible amount of talent. "In fact, it sounds pretty fucking cool."