Chapter 35: The Concert

AN: It's the party's first concert! Enjoy :-)

********

March 1988

It had been four months since the party had presented El with tickets to see Michael Jackson's Bad World Tour on the 19th March in Indianapolis, and not a week had gone by without at least one of the party members mentioning it.

When Mike mentioned the concert, it was to discuss which hotel was best to stay at; Dustin was all about the food they would serve at the concert and Lucas was debating whether to buy a silver glove as well as a Michael Jackson themed jacket.

The girls were the most excited though. Maggie and Jen would giggle with Max and El about whether Michael Jackson would do some of his more notorious dance moves like grabbing his crotch and thrusting. El and Max could barely contain themselves as they pictured what the concert would be like and how it was going to feel seeing one of their idols live.

Disaster almost stuck a week before the concert when Michael Jackson cancelled his St Louis performance due to illness, but the news reporters stated that the singer was insisting he would be well by the time the two concerts in Indianapolis took place.

A stroke of luck took place when Ted Wheeler won one of his golfing tournaments and used some of the money to put Mike and the party up in a nice hotel rather than the run-down motel they were planning on staying at.

He had booked five rooms, assuming Steve and Robin would share and that the four boys would pair off and vice versa for the girls. Of course, known of them mentioned that they were all planning on sharing with their respective partner instead.

Mike and El were ecstatic about the idea of sharing a hotel room. They had rarely been able to sleep in the same bed, only that time in California when they had sneakily swapped with Lucas and Max and the occasions in the pillow fort. But this was a nice hotel with a large room, an ensuite and a big bed. Mike was already day dreaming about the things they could do when they were alone...

"Which pyjamas?" El asked Mike, bringing him out of his day dream. He was sat on her bed whilst she packed her case for Indianapolis the night before the concert. "The yellow nightie or your old Star Wars t-shirt and these sleep shorts?" El added whilst holding up the options to her boyfriend.

Mike looked at them in thought for a moment but couldn't help the teasing and immature smirk on his face. "How about my Star Wars t-shirt and nothing else?" He asked whilst wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

El giggled and shook her head at his playful flirting. "What if I get cold?" she said, her eyebrow rising questioningly.

Mike shrugged and smiled warmly. "Then I'll just warm you up."

El rolled her eyes but her pleased grin gave away her true feelings. She threw the pyjamas back on the bed and walked over to Mike where he was lounging at the headboard. "You Mr Wheeler are a tease." She said whilst poking him gently in the chest.

Mike laughed and wrapped his hand around hers, pulling her in one swift movement onto his lap sideways. El wrapped her arms around his neck and he brought her closer to his body with his hands on her thin waist and her legs dangling off the bed.

He lifted one hand to her cheek and caressed it gently, his eyes moving hungrily over her beautiful features. "I mean it though. I'll warm you up."

"You already make me feel warm though." El admitted, leaning forward and nuzzling his nose with hers.

Mike snorted, "what like in a sexual way? Or in a warm and fuzzy way?"

"Both." El said grinning, their noses touching and their breath mingling.