McMystery at McDuck Manor!

I caught sight of Mrs. B and Webby packing as I bounced down the stairs.

"No breakfast?" I asked.

"No, we have to leave early this morning." I wanted to ask why but had an idea as to why.

I checked the date and started making our breakfast. A traditional English breakfast, Scrooge's favorite. My phone beeped. It was from Beaks

—> Goooooood morning

—> Making breakfast

7:07

I turned off my phone. The boys bounced in the room and handed Blue and Green a plate before the chatter about my 'date' with Beaks. I slammed a plate down on the counter. Food splattered all over the room.

"Stop calling it that!" I screamed.

(Why does it bother me so much that they are calling it that?)

The room fell silent. I sighed and placed another in front of Huey. They were all looking at me. I started to clean up the mess.

"I'm sorry, for screaming. Just don't call it a date. Please." They nodded and ran out of the room. I heard the kitchen door open and close again.

"Good morn-," He looked around. "What happened here?"

"A plate fell. Here you go." I handed him a plate.

"Oh that's alright, lassie. Oh my favorite."

(I know.)

I smiled. At least in this moment, he wasn't in a bad mood. He took the plate and walked out. I heard Mrs. B and Webby in the hallway getting ready to leave.

"That's better."I heard Mrs. B's voice as I opened the kitchen door.

"What's all this?" Dewey asked, walking into the front room.

"Hey, guys! Every year, I brush up on my survivor skills on a secret island," Mrs. B cut her off with a cough and she corrected herself. "I-I mean, a, a, a regular island where young warriors definitely don't combat the forces of nature and each other. Y-you know, it's girl stuff."

(We're just gonna ignore the fact that a grenade fell out of her backpack? Guess we are. Okay)

"I gotta go!" Donald ran past everyone, down the steps to his car and drove off.

"Why is everyone running off?" I gave a little laugh. With a sigh, Mrs. B explained.

"You would figure it out sooner or later." She lowered her voice. "Today is Mr McDuck's birthday."

(Knew it.)

"Okay people, we are in crisis party planning mode Louie, you start a guest list. Dewey," she cut Huey off.

"Absolutely not. Mr McDuck, has a strict no birthday party rule. He hates the reminder that he's," it was Louie's turn to cut some off.

"Literally the oldest person he knows?" Dewey busted out in laughter and Huey cracked a smile. I rolled my eyes but not without a smile.

"But our most epic relative deserves the most epic party ever!" I tilled my head at Huey's outburst.

"Huey, I don't know, if he doesn't want one." Webby then added.

"Yeah he hasn't had a good one since before his old butler Duckworth died." We turned to the portrait of Duckworth dusting a portrait of Scrooge.

"Like this stuffy old guy could beat the party I threw for the Junior Woodchuck Party Planning Committee. It was both work and play. I'm," Mrs. B cut Huey off again.