☆1☆

It had been a very long day for Hoseok. Someone had folded his paperwork and used it as a coaster for the coffee they made him and then, in his rush to get started on his work since he was late, he didn't realize where they were. He went to find the paperwork and accidentally spilled his coffee all over his desk that almost shorted out his computer. Then an hour after he took his fifteen minute lunch break, he got a call from the daycare that told him he needed to pick up his son who had thrown up and was now running a fever.

"Jimin."

"Hoseok." Jimin mocked when he answered the phone.

"I need you to do me a really big favor. Are you working today?"

"Just got off. What's up?"

"Can you go pick up Youngsoo? He got sick at daycare and they need me to pick him up. I came in late today so boss would definitely not let me go early."

"Bad day?"

"Terrible."

"Okay, we'll be at your apartment when you get home."

"Don't treat him with anything and do not let him have a lozenge. He likes to swallow them whole."

"Got it. I'm about to go down for the train. I'll text you when we're at your apartment."

"Thanks, Jimin. You're a life saver."

"I know. Talk to you later."

"Alright, bye."

- - -

"I'm home!" Hoseok yells when he closes the door and soon after a little boy runs straight into his legs.

"Dad!" Youngsoo yells, holding on tight to Hoseok's left leg.

"Hey bud. How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine. Just a little cold. Uncle Jim picked me up from daycare today after I got sick. And then we went to the store and we got stuff for mac and cheese and now Uncle Jim is making it for us." Youngsoo says as Hoseok picks him up and carries him to the kitchen.

"You didn't have to buy me groceries nor did you have to cook me dinner." Hoseok says as he watches Jimin quietly stir in the milk for the mac and cheese.

"I don't have to do a lot of things. But you know I like cooking and Youngsoo told me that his favorite is mac and cheese. I figured since you've had a bad day, it wouldn't be a bad idea to help."

"You seem overly happy." Hoseok says as he sits Youngsoo down on the counter and hands him some cars to play with.

"Taemin asked me out."

"Isn't he the guy who bullied you in high school?"

"We're not gonna talk about that." Jimin says and Youngsoo drives a car across Hoseok's chest and makes loud car noises with his mouth (if you've been around little boys that play with cars, you probably know what noise I'm talking about.)

"Jimin, I just want you to be aware of what you're getting yourself into. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I know. But he seemed really sincere when he told me I am beautiful."

"Uncle Jim is bootiful. Really pretty." Youngsoo says before getting a car stuck in Hoseok's hair.

"Dad?"

"What is it baby?"

"I got my car stuck in your hair." He says, tearing up because he's scared that Hoseok will get mad about it.

"That's okay. I'll go get it unstuck, you sit down and eat your dinner for Uncle Jim, okay?" Hoseok asks as he sets Youngsoo down on the floor.

Youngsoo runs to his spot at the table and when Jimin sets the bowl down in front of him, he starts eating immediately.

"You're a good dad, Hoseok."

"Where did that come from?"

"I can read the worry and the love on your face. Your emotions are not well hidden." Jimin says, patting Hoseok's back.

- - -

A/N: Welcome to yet another Sope book and a new era of me👍 Let's hope this doesn't fail.