☆15☆

It was about eight on Sunday when Hoseok, Yoongi, and Youngsoo got home.

And then Yoongi quickly left to his apartment with Youngsoo.

The plan was for the three of them to go to Hoseok's house, hang out until about 9 and then Yoongi would go back to his place and Hoseok would put Youngsoo to bed.

But that plan was quickly ruined when he found that his apartment door was left open, the doorknob broken, and his apartment was trashed.

With haste, Hoseok packs a bag with all his and Youngsoo's necessities since Yoongi told him they could stay at his for a night or two.

As he's doing so, he calls the police to file a report and they tell him that it isn't their priority  since nothing was stolen but they'll try to figure out who did it.

So Hoseok makes his way up to Yoongi's apartment where he finds Youngsoo already asleep in the guest bedroom and Yoongi stirring soup in a pot on the stove.

"Hey, want some soup?" Yoongi asks, pulling the pot off the stove and pouring half of it into a bowl.

"Sure."

So Yoongi pours the other half in another bowl, taking the two bowls to the living room and sitting down while handing one to Hoseok.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"You didn't have to let us stay here, and you didn't have to put Youngsoo to sleep."

"You act like it's a huge chore to do every now and then. The kid has had a long day and I let him drink some banana milk to bribe him into laying down."

"I'm glad you think so." Hoseok says, playfully squinting at Yoongi.

Yoongi laughs and says, "So did you call the police?"

"Yeah, they said my case wasn't a priority especially since nothing was stolen." He answers, rolling his eyes.

"Well... you know, I am the building manager..."

"And?"

"That means I have access to the security footage..." Yoongi says, making s face at Hoseok.

"That is what that means. It wouldn't hurt to look..." Hoseok says, making the same face.

The two stand and look at each other for a moment before (quietly) running to Yoongi's office.

After thirty minutes, they finally find someone walking down the hallway in all black and a hood over their head.

For a split second, the person looks right at the camera for some reason but Yoongi is able to pause it and let Hoseok study it to find who it is.

But Hoseok doesn't need to study that face.

The last time Hoseok studied that face, he was left alone with his son in the middle of a street somewhere in Gwangju.

Hoseok had spent so many nights, mornings, dinners, lunches, breakfasts, random coffee dates, meeting the parents, all of it, studying that face.

He had spent three years studying that face.

And then another three months studying that face through a phone screen.

That face belonged to the mother of Hoseok's child.

- - -

A/N: Five hundred words exactly and I know it's late but Happy New Year's!! At least it is where I am, I don't know about you guys.