02

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," mr. Tanner lectures. "How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms Bennett?"

"Um... A lot?" Bonnie guesses, trying to be cute. "I'm not sure. Like, a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, ms Bennett," Tanner says. "Mr Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, mr Tanner, I'm cool with it."

"Miss Lockwood," Tanner says as he looks at the brunette in the far corner, Stefan looks at her.

"There were 346 casualties, sir," Arizona says.

"Unless you're counting local civilians," Stefan pipes in, his challenging tone makes Arizona smirk.

"That's correct, Arizona," Tanner says and turns to Stefan. "Mister..."l

"Salvatore," Stefan replies.

"Salvatore..." Tanner repeats. "Any relation to the original settlers here in Mystic Falls?"

"Distant," Stefan's Aiya.

"There were no civilian casualties in this battle," Tanner corrects him.

"Actually, there were twenty-seven sir," Stefan says. "Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons they were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, mr Tanner."

After class, Arizona is quick to catch the Salvatore.

"Hey," Arizona greets as she finally catches up, the two stop by his locker. "I'm Arizona Lockwood."

"I'm Stefan," the vampire returns the greeting.

"You're a history fan, too, huh?" Arizona smirks at him. "I can be competitive."

"I am good with dates, and the historical events of the 1800s," Stefan says.

"Hmm," Arizona hums in response before leaving him alone.
~~§~~

Arizona is sitting on the tailgate of a random truck at this whole back to school party ordeal in the woods, drinking a beer. Elena's with Bonnie, and Arizona spots Caroline as she stops Stefan.

"Poor guy," Arizona says to herself.

She smiles as some rock music plays and she walks through the party people after hopping off of the tailgate. Jeremy Gilbert is going into the woods and Arizona is quick to follow. She remembers seeing Tyler sneak off into them with Vicki, and now she has a bad feeling.

"Hey, Leave her alone!" Jeremy yells as they come across Tyler attempting to force Vicki.

"You're starting to get on my nerves, Gilbert," Tyler hisses. "Arizona..."

Jeremy watches as Arizona slaps the hell out of Tyler for this, Tyler's head snaps to the side as Arizona storms away. When Vicki gets Tyler to leave, he finds Arizona drinking on one of the picnic tables under the gazebo.