31

Arizona hands Caroline a glass of blood, she was hesitant about pouring it but she did, for her friend.

"Here you are," Arizona says.

"I'm still shaking," Caroline says and she drinks the blood.

"What happened?" Stefan asks as he enters.

"Go ahead, tell him," Damon urges. "You're gonna love this."

"I saw Katherine today," Caroline says.

"Where?" Stefan questions as he has a seat beside Arizona.

"At the Grill," Caroline replies. "I just stopped by to gawk and... Quasi-stalk Matt."
....

"She wants to do it in public," Stefan says after Caroline's flashback story. "Killing Mason threw her off guard."

"She's running scared," Damon adds. "What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

"We can't underestimate her," Stefan says. "We have to play this smarter than her."

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asks.

"No," Damon says as he walks to the drink table, "Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight. And gorgeous, you're going to be my date." Arizona only smirks as she sits back.

"You're not going to kill her," Stefan says as he stands.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap," Damon says.

"You're not going to kill her," Stefan repeats. 

"Really?"

"Because I am."
~~§~~

Arizona is in her room, in her dress for this ball, amd she's circling her long, brown hair as Damon steps in.

"Damn," he muses. "You looks hot in red." Damon walks over as Arizona stands and outs her shoes on, and grabs her mask. "Alaric's here, he's been here. Come on. We're about to leave."

Arizona follows Damon downstairs and Jeremy gawks at Arizona, again. She smirks as she leans into Damon, who already has his arm around her.

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Ric asks.

"No, I need you to stay with Elena," Stefan says. "I don't want her to know about this."

"Okay," Alaric replies. "Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight."

"Alright," Stefan says, "if anyone wants to back out, I'll understand."

"Yeah, cold feet speak now," Damon says. "I don't want this going wrong if someone chickens out. Caroline."

"I won't," Caroline says. "Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there's no werewolf running around."

"As long as Tyler or Arizona here don't kill anyone, they won't turn," Jeremy says.

"Funny," Arizona winks at the boy and he smiles.