39

Arizona meets Elijah at the old tell property offer showing him some other historical sights. They've taken a break and are meeting to again. To be honest, Elijah has enjoyed Arizona's company today, even with her in a cast. He knows his name's on it.

"Hello, Miss.... Arizona," Elijah greets as he offers her a smile.

"Hello, Elijah," Arizona greets as they walk across the grasses. "The old Fell property actually begins just beyond they fence." She motions to the white fences on the edge of the property.

"Ah, the Fells," Elijah muses. "One of the Foundimg Families."

"Why do you say it like that?" Arizona asks.

Elijah looks down at her as Jenna joins them. "Jenna."

"Sorry, I'm here," Jenna says. "Arizona, please, stay."

"As I was saying," Elijah says, "my research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts?" Jenna asks. "As in the witch trials?"

"Which means you're ever-lauded founding families... didn't actually found anything," Elijah informs Jenna and Arizona.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860," Jenna says. "Men are very Territorial."

"Yes, they are," Elijah replies, he and Arizona had spent the whole night working with her good hand.

Alaric is walking across the yard and he eventually joins them.

"Elijah, this is my friend and Arizona's fitness trainer, Alaric Saltzman," Jenna introduces.

"Yeah i got your message about you guys walking Elijah here through the old property lines," Alaric says. "I thought I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all."

"Ric, I'm a history buff, too," Arizona reminds him. "You're not the only one."

"I know," Alaric replies. "So, where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners," Elijah claims. "Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

"Well, I only brought the surgery's," Arizona says "I left the list in my car."

"I got it," Jenna says and she walks away.

"Alaric Saltzman," Elijah speaks up. "So, you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"So are Jenna and Arizona."

Elijah glances at Arizona amd he smiles at Alaric, "you don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger woman." Sensing the mood change, Elijah chuckles. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up. Arizona, where were we?"

They hook arms and they walk away, leaving Alaric alone.
~~§~~

Arizona is with alaric, Damon, amd Andie at the Grill. She decided to let Jenna finish up with the tour.