38

"I'm late," Andie Starr says as she comes down stairs pouting her jacket on, Damon following with her scarf.

"Hey Andie," Arizona greets.

"Hey, Arizona," Andie says as she grabs a sharpie. "Can I?" And Arizona nods. "I'm, uh, covering the historical society's high tea." She signs her name and puts a message saying to heal quickly.

"I'm going to that," Arizona says. "I promised my mom I'd stay on the historical society."

"Ooh, thrilling," Damon says sarcastically as he throws the scarf up and the group goes down the hall, Arizona is riding with Andie.

"Yeah," Andie replies. "It's for some visit writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze."

"Sounds like," Arizona jokes, and Andie smiles at her.

"Writer?" Damon says questioningly. "What's his name?"

"Uh.., Elijah Smith," Andie repletos and Arizona smirks.

"Smith?" Damon scoffs. "He's using Smith?"

Andie looks at herself once more in a different mirror, as does Arizona. Damon looks between them and he sighs.

The vampire places the scarf around Andie's neck and ties it, "okay. You have tour story straight in your mind, right? And Arizona knows," he compels the last part.

"I can't say that you bit or or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you," Andie says. "You are terrific, though. You're sweet and funny you're honest."

Damon sends Arizona a glare to keep her quiet before he compels Andie, "And you're falling hard."

"You might be the one,"

"Perfect," Damon says as he opens the door, and finds Alaric. "Have a great day, ladies."

"Hi, Ric," Arizona rests. "Later!" And the women leave together.

"Arizona!" Jenna exclaims as she walks over. "That author is wanting a tour of some old properties and I'm supposed to do it but can't, could you take over?"

"Sure," Arizona replies. "When?"

"I'll let you know, yeah?" Jenna asks and Arizona nods. "Great! Thanks. Hey, can I sign your cast?"

A pen is held out and Arizona glances to her left, she finds Elijah. Jenna thanks him and signs.

"May I sign, also?" Elijah asks as Jenna rushes off, after giving the pen back.

"Sure," Arizona replies.

Elijah gently takes her arm and signs his name, "You get on the wrong side of a vampire?" He asked in a whisper.

"One dying of a wolf bite," Arizona whispers as well as Elijah releases her arm and tucks the pen into his suit pocket. "Oh, before I forget, I am giving you that tour of the old properties. Jenna Sommers can't, she had something come up."

"Very well," Elijah replies. "I look forward to it."

"Me too, mr Smith," she winks and Elijah chuckles at the girl.
~~§~~