« 8 »

°• Key Lime Pie •°

Yasu embraced the warmth of the sun as she walked down the sidewalk

Yasu embraced the warmth of the sun as she walked down the sidewalk. Truly, nature was marvelous without unnecessary noise. She figured that she'd enjoy as much silence as she could before having to endure screeches of aspiring hero's the next day.

Seeing as school would be out soon, she picked up her pace, not exactly willing to have an encounter in the Wild West of children attempting to leave U.A. Rounding a corner, the woman allowed the faint faces of a smile on her face to fade away, nobody was here to watch her now.

'When life gives you lemons, you are probably confused so you taste them, and the bitter taste leaves a bad look on your face.'

The brunette rolled her eyes at her version of the saying and internally chuckled. Her pessimistic mindset was something that she both loathed and would never give up. Despite knowing it only worsened her mental health and would cause regret later, the Suzukaze believed it to be the only way to avoid worse mishaps. It could be for that reason she choose to think such a sour philosophy, or maybe it was the dull pain in her leg that has yet to go away.

It was easy to ignore the throbbing when there's other things to focus on, but now that she was by herself, it only served as a reminder that she was weak. She probably shouldn't have been jumping from one building to the next so soon, but to her, a medical clear essentially served as an anything goes.

'Apparently not.'

After one of the strangest days she's had in a while, all Yasu wanted to do was put some taquitos in the mini-oven and play with Mars. Maybe she would pick up a pastry on the way home to thank her neighbor for caring for Mars while she was gone, especially seeing as she would be busy investing the death of the child this morning and what clues the murder of Coraline could give her to the whereabouts of her killers. That, however, would be a task for another day. She needed to make sure she was in perfect teaching condition to go to the USJ soon and provide feedback on the team battles the children underwent on their first day.

She stopped by a bakery on the way home, a quaint little shop. Ryu's Sweets, which was probably her favorite place to buy cake, oh especially those cakes with the creme filling between the layers.... Now isn't the time to go into detail about her love for good cake. Any-who, as she stepped inside, the aroma of fresh bread and soft frosting immediately relaxed her tense shoulders. This was simply a calming place for anyone, the soft jazz music adding to the laid back atmosphere.

The woman quickly scuffled over to the pastries, picking up a key lime pie, something she adored, and hoped her neighbor would like it as well. As she went to pay for it, a strange little girl with amber eyes watched her from one of the aisles. It was a bit strange that she wasn't in school, but some children were homeschooled.

After purchasing the pie, she walked over, kneeling down in front of her. The child said nothing, simply following Yasu with her piercing eyes. Her dark hair and oddly pale complexion added to the hero's unease.