SHUYANG | Time | Pt. 1

my name is Y/N. i'm 11 years old, and for the past 2 years I've been able to go back in time and teleport. I don't know how or why, but I just... can.

whenever I make a mistake, I can go back. whenever someone dies in front of me, and they have, I can go back. my power is unlimited. I can do it for as long as I want. until I find my lover, that is. but I have to know he's my lover and like him.

someone... or something explained to me in my dream that they have given me powers. I didn't believe it at first, but then it started working. they explained everything to me. on the day my parents died in a car crash. for some reason, I can't go back to that day. it just... won't let me.

but, since I have these things until I meet my lover, I guess I'll have them for a while. I'm not complaining, though. without my teleportation powers, I wouldn't have anywhere to sleep or take care of myself. sometimes I occasionally steal clothes from stores, and teleport into hotel rooms that I know aren't gonna be rented out for the night. and sometimes I steal money and wash my clothes with it..

I know, I know. it's bad. but I really don't have anywhere to go. I carry a backpack with me and a suitcase to carry all of my stuff. the government wanted to put me up for adoption, but the people who I was gonna be with weren't good people at all. I didn't have any relatives in Asia, so I couldn't be given to them. so I'm currently "abandoned". It's all over the news. so even though it's 100° outside, it's still the perfect time to put on a hoodie.

also, I have a stuttering problem with people I don't feel comfortable around. sometimes it can get really bad, but sometimes it's just minor. actually, I have a stuttering problem no matter what. maybe it'll go away soon

anyways, let's get back to the story, shall we?

I walked into the convenience store, going to the sandwiches. I looked around, making sure no one was there. I was in the clear. I shoved 2 sandwiches into my sweater. I grabbed 2 Gatorades and a bag of chips. I haven't eaten for 3 days. I was hungry, but used to it. I was very skinny.

I was about to teleport when a hand was put on my shoulder. I jumped, a little scared. was I about to get in trouble? no.. because I could just teleport, right?

I looked up to see a boy about 7 inches taller than I was. he was smiling at me. he was... very handsome, actually. he looked like a 12 year old but a 15 year old at the same time.

"you should really pay for that." he said. I looked at him, blankly, not saying anything. "you're very skinny. you should eat more." he stated once again. he took the things I had and walked away. ahh... now what was I gonna eat?

It was about 3 minutes later, when I was walking out of the store, when a voice called out to me "hey, wait!" It said. It was the boy from earlier "here you go. I paid already." he smiled. I looked at the snacks then him "t-thanks." I took them. ge looked at me, surprised "you... talk?" he asked. I looked at him again. he looked down "anyways, your voice is very soft and comforting. I like it." I looked at him "tha-thanks."

hr smiled "you're very pretty, but very skinny. you should eat." he said "thanks." I said once again "Is that the only thing you know how to say?"he asked, jokingly "no." I said. he laughed "good. I was starting to think you were a robot." he smiled. I didn't react.

"eat." he said while pointing to the sandwiches. so I sat on a bench and started eating "what's your name?" he asked. I stared at him "w-what's yours?" I asked "I asked you first." he crossed his arms "I asked you s-second." I took another bite "fair enough." he shrugged "my name is Ren Shuyang. I'm 12 years old." he smiled