SHUYANG | SPECIAL | ONESHOT

(first of all, thank u guys so much for almost 16k like what... i never thought i would make it this far... and secondly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHUYANG! i really can't believe he's 13 already 😭 but this special is for his bday 🥳 and i was supposed to publish this on his actual birthday but... i kinda forgot... anyways, yeah)

Shuyang smiled, looking at the girl.

she had always been his best friend, since the beginning. she was always with him.

and he had feelings for her.

exactly the cliché, the boy fell for the girl, who just happened to be best friends.

and he was almost 99.9% sure that the girl did not like him back.

right now, she was talking to her other friend, Li Zihao.

Y/F/N was the girl that Shuyang was so madly in love with.

they hadn't really talked all day. Shuyang sort of avoided her.

even though it was his birthday, he didn't want her to wish him anything.

he did that for the past two years.

all he wanted from her was for her to be his.

however, he wasn't able to get that.

so he wanted exactly nothing from her.

he had confessed once, about 2 years ago. and as he had expected, she rejected him. things weren't really the same. Y/N had been avoiding Shuyang all week too. his birthday was the only actual day she had tried to talk to him.

and since her and Shuyang weren't talking much anymore, she decided that she wanted to hang out with Zihao more.

that would have been perfectly fine to Shuyang. the only thing was, they always were so secretive. they had their own secrets and would always whisper to each other. it had been a week prior since that had started. and even now, Y/N has acted weird.

it was unknown why, and the only person who has seemed to actually know why, was Zihao. and still, he wouldn't tell anyone.

when Shuyang was around, Y/N got all red ans stuttered all the time. then she would leave. it honestly kind of hurt Shuyang a little bit. heck, it hurt him a lot.

he had wanted to talk to her- a lot. he had so many things he wanted to talk about, and yet it seemed she didn't want to talk about anything. at least, not with him.

but all he could do was look at her from afar.

he was snapped out of all his thoughts when a hand was placed onto his shoulder "hey, Shuyang, you alright? you've just been staring into space for like, the past 5 minutes. looking at them." Shuyang sighed

"yeah, i'm alright. i'm pretty sure you know how i feel." Hanyu nodded "but you're going to get a good present today. a really good one." he smirked. Xinlong came out of nowhere and put his hand on his other shoulder

"a really really good present. i think you'll like it a lot." Shuyang furrowed his eyebrows "i already got a lot from you guys. thank you again, the Nintendo Switch was probably really expensive." Xinlong ruffled his hair

"not from us, doofus." Hanyu smiled "from who?" both Xinlong and Hanyu had looked at each other. then their eyes wandered to the girl. he sighed "tell her i don't want it." Xinlong looked at him dumbfounded "she's worked on it for like, a week. she gathered up all the courage she has."

Shuyang looked at him, completely emotionless "tell her to give it Zihao." Hanyu shook his head "trust me, she wouldn't want to give this to Zihao. and you definietly wouldn't be happy if she gave this to him." he shrugged "i don't want it."

"what have you wanted from her this entire time? that's the presen-" Shuyang shuffled his way out of their hands, glaring at him "that's not funny, Xin." he walked away. Hanyu tsked and hit Xinlong over his head

Xinlong's eyes widened, holding his head "what? what'd i do?' Hanyu glared "you basically told him, you big dumb dinosaur. you're lucky he took it as a joke." Xinlong shrugged "he was going to know in like 2 hours anyways."

"still, Y/N said she didn't want him to know."

while they were fighting, Shuyang was furious. how could Xinlong even joke around like that? he knew how much that topic was sensitive to him.

he rolled his eyes, getting up from where he was and he left to the library. there was usually not a lot of people there. so he usually just went to the back and just got invaded with his thoughts, sorting them out

he sat there for a while before he realized he had been there for a mere 2 hours. he also realized he had gotten a text.

5 minutes ago.

Y/N <3
hey... can we talk? at the rooftop?

he sighed, quickly typing back

Shuyang
yeah, of course. i'll be there right now. sorry, i was sleeping in the library.

he saw that she almost immediately read the text and started typing. he got all of his things and headed out the library when he heard his phone ding

Y/N <3
oh, don't worry, it's okay :) i'll meet you there, i have something to tell you

his eyes furrowed. what could she possibly need to tell him? perhaps... maybe something about Zihao?

his heart hurt and he got angry just thinking about it. he didn't need to be told, they could live happily for all he cared.

he opened the door to the rooftop, his mood already bad. he narrowed his eyes, seeing she had a box of chocolates

"Y/N? what are you doing?" he sighed, rolling his eyes "did you mean to text Zihao instead?"

she hung her head low, gathering her courage

she shook her head "no... i called you for a reason..." she said, almost like a whispered

he looked confused, walking towards her "what do you need? who are the chocolates for?"

she sighed, looking up at him, smiling

"they're for you. Shuyang, i'm sorry for not being here for you before. i'm sorry for distancing myself for these past few weeks. i really, really am sorry. i was just so scared- i realized this new feeling and i was afraid you didn't feel that way anymore."

Shuyang scoffed "i don't want your pity, Y/N. so you want me to keep liking you? even though it hurts me? i'm out if here-" "Ren Shuyang, what i'm trying to say is i like you, stupid!"

he stopped right in his tracks, eyes widened, and body frozen. he turned back, looking at her "you- you what?" her head hung low, biting her lip, feeling embarrassed

"i knew it.." she whispered to herself, walking towards the door

Shuyang quickly grabbed her arm, twisting her around, her head bumping into his chest

"of course i like you, Y/N. i will never stop liking you. you're way to special to me." her cheeks blushed as she took a step back

"you jerk! i thought you were letting me down!" he lowly chuckled, holding her hand "so, what do you say, Y/F/N? be mine?" she giggled, hugging him again "of course!"

"you're my special puzzle piece. forever and always."

okay so y'all i know this is WAYYYYY overdue but let's just pretend this was released on Shuyang's birthday 😂😂