Chapter 15: Date Night [Kit's POV]

Enjoy ;) ♡

>>>▪<<<

I jumped at the faint knock on the door and checked the time on the cooker. 8:02 p.m. I put the wooden spoon on a plate and turned the fire down a little before leaving the kitchen. I rearranged my black button down shirt that I casually wore over a pair of jeans. I ruffled my hair and opened the door with a grin.

"Buonasera" I greeted in a very bad Italian. {Good Evening}

She giggled nervously, covering her mouth with her hand. I took it, holding nothing but her fingertips, and led her through to the living area.

The timer on the oven beeped and I walked behind the bar.

"I hope you like Italian" I said hopefully.

"It smells good."

I turned the gaz off and carfully strained the ravioli.

Emily hadn't moved but was observing the open space curiously.

"Have a look around" I encouraged her.

She looked at me, the top of her checks going a little red as I noticed her starring.

There wasn't much to explore, the small kitchen and bar were open to the dinning area with a table and buffee, the TV hang on a brick wall in front of one of the couches and coffee table and the second couch was facing the big windows, giving a view on the city. The whole room was pretty small with a cosy feeling thanks to the lamps that had been lit.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked.

"Please."

I dropped down behind the bar, opening the small fridge.

"Seeing as we're both underage, I thought we could get ourselves a glass of this" I said, holding up a bottle of that kiddy champagne that was actually apple juice with a lot of bubbles.

She laughed and I poured us both a glass before joining her over by the windows.

"Cheers."

"Cheers" I smiled, lightly taping my glass against hers.

Strikes of orange and pink had appeared in the sky above the still buzzing city. Emily looked down at the traffic, sipping the drink, her lips lightly pursed. Some of her lipstick had came off, leaving nothing but the edge that I wanted to kiss off.

"Your lipstick's came off" I informed her, touching the centre of my lips.

She looked down and rubbed her lips hoping to get the rest off. I laughed making her go red.

"You've smudged it."

She covered her mouth but a little dimple appeared in her right check, letting me no she wasn't offended.

"Where is the bathroom?" she asked, her voice muffled by her head.

"Second on the left" I pointed to the only corridor next to the kitchen.

While she was gone I served out the food and set the table. I finished just as she arrived back, her lips now clean. She sat herself down as I brought our plates out to the table.

"Ravioli con salmone e ricotta" I announced proudly with an awful accent. {Ravioli filled with smoked salmon and ricotta < a type of cheese}

I sat down in front of her and she placed her napkin on her lap.

"Did you make them?" she smiled at the funny looking raviolis.