Prologue: New Beginnings

(Y/N)'s POV

PA: Now arriving at Kita, Tokyo.

I look around with my half open eyes that are desperate for a second of sleep. No one. I'm the last remaining person on the train. I get up from my seat and stretch my arms out. With a deep breath, I grip onto my suitcase and drag it behind me. I head towards the doors as they slide open with satisfying ease.

Ugh... Three hours on a train and I got absolutely no sleep. Great. Now I am struggling to even stand up. How am I supposed to walk all the way to the house? Oh well...

 How am I supposed to walk all the way to the house? Oh well

Taking in the scenery, I came to a conclusion. This place definitely looks nice. Even at midnight, there still seems to be a few people walking around. There's for sure more people here than in Kyoto though.

The train doors slide back to a close as the train leaves behind me. I do a full 360 degree observation of the environment. This place looks very promising... I hope I can make some new beginnings. But for now, I just need to figure one thing out... How do I get home?

~~~~~~

[The Next Morning]

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Without leaving my position on the bed, I reach out my arm to hit the alarm clock so its dream-killing noise would stop. After a few seconds of silence and realization that I can't get back to sleep, I lazily force myself to sit up. I slowly open my eyes.

Waking up to my new bedroom confused me at first, but then I remembered

Waking up to my new bedroom confused me at first, but then I remembered. I just moved in last night. Looking over at the corner, I spot a few stacks of boxes. Ah yes... All of my stuff. I was planning to unpack the second I got home, but I guess that didn't work out. I spread out my arms for a stretch before finally getting out of bed.

A loud growl came from my stomach. Instinctively, I decide to head to the kitchen to have breakfast because after all, it's the most important meal of the day... or something like that. I walk over to the refrigerator to grab some eggs, bacon, and-

Wait...

Where's the food? The fridge is empty! Was I robbed..?

Oh wait never mind...