Chapter 4: Race on Castilon.

"Ly'ra? Hurry, they won't wait for you!"

It was early and the Sun was just rising on Castilon. The start of the race would be in two hours and the pilot was still her room. Bango joined Dante in front of the young woman's door, looking confused.

"So? What is she doing?"

Dante shook his head and knocked again on the door. The young technician stepped closer and tried a softer way to have her attention.

"Ly'ra! Your ship is ready, you need to get out now!"

Still nothing. Dante arched a brow before gesturing to Bango to try and hack the lock of the door. The young man kneeled down but, as he was about to start, Ly'ra stepped out. The young woman looked down on the technician kneeled in front of her, arched a brow while tilting her head, her arms crossed on her chest.

"Sorry Bango, but I've already done a shitty engagement..."

Red as a tomato, the young man stood up and quickly hid behind Dante who frowned. He studied carefully the pilot and sighed. She was pale and had dark circles under her reddish eyes. Obviously she didn't sleep.

"Another nightmare?"

She ignored the question and adjusted her red curls in a rough ponytail and headed firmly towards the start of the race.

"Bango I need you to do something for me before the race..."

"Bef... B-but Ly'ra, the start is in less than two hours now..."

Ly'ra kept her green eyes fixed in front of her and nodded.

"I know... So you have less than two hours to find an information for me..."

"Erm... Okay but what?"

Without looking behind her, Ly'ra waved for the young man to come closer. She then lowered her voice while she was pointing at a room.

"I need you to find where Dameron is."

Seeing the confused look on the young man's face, the pilot sighed.

"Look, don't ask anything, just do it okay?"

Bango nodded and disappeared into the computer room of the station. Dante watched him leave before stepping closer to the young woman as well.

"What did you see?"

"You mean added to my usual dreams? I saw his ship being destroyed by the First Order. He was on a mission so I just want to be sure it was just a dream, that's all..."

The Jedi stayed silent and followed the pilot on the tarmac. An important crowd had gathered on the balconies, ready to cheer the pilots. The young woman reached her ship, checking discreetly her contestants. Most of them were pilots from the Ace Squadron and were in charge of the security of the station. The others were bounty hunters or mercenaries looking for adrenaline and even more  for the Victory price. Ly'ra knew some of them but according to what she could see, none of them were truly a case of worry. She left her mentor as he went to see the different ships while she was doing her last checkings. Minutes went by and Dante finally came back, looking worried. The young pilot arched a brow, silently asking him the reason. The Jedi grabbed her arm and took her aside.

"Switch is here..."

"What??"

Switch. He was working for Ly'ra until few months ago, when he betrayed Poe and her, selling them to the First Order. The young woman swore to kill him as soon as she would be able to find him. Now that she knew he was here, the pilot could feel a violent anger growing in her and she was trying with all her strengths to not cross the tarmac and cut his throat with one of her daggers.