Chapter 12: Luke Skywalker.

When Snap, Poe and Ly'ra stepped into the Operations Room, they found all the officers of the Resistance, Ackbar, Statura, Leïa, but also Chewbacca, Rey and C3PO all in deep conversation around the same table where the attack of the Starkiller base had been organised few hours ago. There was an obvious agitation and Ly'ra frowned, stopping down the stone stairs. Dameron looked back and came closer, obviously worried.

"Are you alright?"

Looking up at the man, the young woman nodded softly, placing a hand on his arm.

"Yeah I think... I don't know but there's something... I don't know how to describe it..."

Poe frowned as he understood she was talking about her powers. He studied his lover attently before giving a small nod as if he was silently asking if she was truly fine. She answered with a soft smile before stepping closer to the rest of the group. Dameron followed her, becoming serious again.

"General?"

The former Princess didn't have time to answer as C3PO and BB8 started talking and beeping in the same time, turning the meeting into a noisy chaos. The little double B unit then tried to beep louder but, seeing that the Protocol droid intended to take all the benefits of the news, he opened one of his little traps from his round body and sent an electric shock to the golden droid who squealed.

"So uncivilized! BB8 it is not how educated people talk to each other! Where did you learn such a behavior?!"

"Actually with me 3PO... Sorry, but the mercenaries don't do all this silliness..."

Leïa and Rey tried to hide a small laugh, still noticed by the Protocol droid and Ly'ra offered a smile to C3PO before turning her green eyes on BB8, but it was Leïa who started talking.

"R2 woke up..."

Poe noticed the confused look on the young woman's face and pointed the small blue and white droid, in a barrel form.

"That's him. R2D2. He's in Leïa's family for..."

He suddenly stopped, knowing that he might upset the Princess, but she offered him an amused smile before finishing his own sentence.

"For a very long time, you can say it Commander. Actually, he belonged to my mother and she was still a child when she had this droid so... Yes a very long time. He was in stand-by since Luke's disappearance. And, it seems he found him."

Ly'ra nodded softly, turning her eyes on the blue and white droid. Luke Skywalker. Dante talked about him few times in the past, and she often thought that he knew the man more than what he truly admitted. The Jedis were, still at this time, endangered. Like many others before her, she had thought that Skywalker was a myth, until the day she met Leïa.

Lost in her thoughts, the young woman didn't see R2 putting on an holographic projection of a map. It was only when she felt an agitation growing around her that she looked up. The map was showing an unknown part of the Galaxy, but there was a missing part, a hole in the middle probably showing the final destination of the Jedi Master. When an idea suddenly popped up in her mind, she realised that BB8 already hurried towards Poe, asking him to give him back the map he had so much troubles with.

"Yeah. Alright Buddy. Hold on!"

The pilot turned towards the control board of the projection table, took out the stolen map and placed it inside a compartment opened by the little droid. BB8 then rolled at the other side of R2 and projected his own part of the map, completing it.

"The map... It is complete!"

They all had their eyes fixed on the projection and they all had the same expression: Hope. Even Ly'ra was thinking that all wasn't lost after all.