Chapter 16: Evacuation.

When Ly'ra opened her eyes, she first thought she was blind. The night was dark, so dark that even the stars had disappeared from the usually so beautiful sky of D'Qar. It was really cold too and the young woman shivered, wrapping her arms around her body to try and keep some warm. How did she end up outside? She fell asleep in Poe's arms few hours ago, how could she leave the bed and the base without anyone notice it, not even herself? Under her fingers, she felt the leather of her bodice, and she was sure she wasn't wearing it when she went to bed.

"Lyyyy'raaaaa..."

The pilot looked back around her, trying to find the owner of the voice, but it was too dark.

"Who's there?"

"Lyyyy'raaaaa..."

The young woman turned quickly on her heels, but she couldn't see a thing. This singing voice gave her shivers and it seemed to be all around her. Slowly, fear was starting to grow stronger in her, and she grabbed her blaster, pointing it in front of her.

"Who are you?"

A soft voice could be heard right behind her and she jumped, shooting into the darkness.

"You know who I am..."

People laughed around her. Even in the darkness night, the pilot knew she wasn't alone, she could feel it. They were all around her and they were getting closer.

"Show yourself!"

Suddenly, a bright light sprayed out of a fire right in front of the young woman and she hid her eyes, blinded. Laughs kept on, mixed with Ceremony chants. Ly'ra froze at them. She knew these chants. She heard them several times during these past few months. She then forced herself to open her eyes again, and she discovered that she wasn't on D'Qar anymore, but down a mountain, in a meadow. A group of women was surrounding her and Ly'ra took a moment to study them. Their clothes were trivial, most of them were made of leather and all of them were red, scars and tattoos could be seen on their bodies and faces, and they also all wore different kind of weapons: double-blades, blasters, for some Lightsabers, daggers. As she looked closely, the young woman noticed a small group away from the main one, at the edge of the forest. She frowned and, to answer her silent question, one of them picked up a burning torch, showing her their prisoners. Ly'ra held back a scream when she saw Poe, Dante and Bango, tied down and on their knees. When she tried to join them, one of the women got in her way. Her face literally stopped the pilot who stared at her, unbelieving. She had the feeling to watch at her own reflection: the same face, the same gaze, the same long brown hair. The only big differences between them were the color of their eyes and the tattoos worn by the guardian. She also seemed a bit older than Ly'ra.

"I know what you are... But you... I know you..."

An evil smile appeared on the woman's face who made a gesture for her Sisters. With a smirk, the Witch slid the throat of a surprised Bango.

"NO!!!"

The boy fell on the ground, his face in his own blood. Ly'ra wanted to run to help him but she was thrown back with a small move from the older woman's hand. The pilot broker her arm against the side of the mountain. She then saw Poe trying to fight back while Dante was meeting the same fate as the poor Bango. The Witch then stepped closer to Ly'ra who tried to hold back painful cries, the Ceremony chants were growing stronger and stronger in the valley, and the young woman had the feeling that she knew the end of the story. The Witch raised her dagger above her, ready to strike.

"Ly'ra? Sweetheart, wake up! Ly'ra!"

Coming back suddenly into reality, the young woman awoke in a sudden, breathless, sweating and tangled in the sheets. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she jumped violently.