Chapter 9: Back on D'Qar and Reunion.

Ly'ra, Dante and Bango arrived on D'Qar in the same time as Leïa and her men. The young woman stayed back, waiting for her mercenaries to arrive. She had to hold herself to not jump into Poe's arms when she saw him welcoming BB8 on the tarmac. A small smile appeared on her face before she turned towards her own X-Wing. Her men landed few minutes later and Ly'ra waved for them to follow her. The group joined the Operations Room just when Dameron was making a report about the Starkiller base. The young pilot stopped downstairs, gesturing for her mercenaries to wait and stay silent.

"I wish that was the case Major, but this was the Death Star..."

Poe pushed several buttons and a projection of the Empire old weapon appeared above the table, and then pressed another, making the First Order one appeared.

"... And this, is Starkiller base."

The Resistants seemed under the shock. The new base was five time bigger than the Death Star. Ly'ra let out a deep sigh and raised her green eyes on the pilot. The young woman unfortunately didn't know how the Starkiller base was working. And a part of her was blaming herself to not have been more careful about her ex fiancé's missions.

"The First Order is charging the weapon again now. Our system is the next target."

The young woman turned her eyes on Leïa. That was not good at all. Behind her, she felt her men starting to bustle about, uncomfortable. She raised a hand to bring back some calm amongst them, staying still quiet.

"So we disable the shields, we take out the oscillator, and we blow up their big gun."

"It sounds really dangerous... Maybe if you add a complete Fighters squad it might help?"

A death silence fell upon the Operations Room. Poe froze and quickly looked up. He would recognize this voice from the other side of the Galaxy, without even talking about this little patronizing tone only she could have. A smile slowly appeared on his lips when, through the projection of the Starkiller base, he saw her.

Idly leaned against the wall next to the stairs, looking absent-mindly her black nail polish, Ly'ra Kaplan slowly looked up at the Resistants, a smile appearing on her pretty face as she obviously was satisfied of her entrance. The pilot didn't have time to make a move, too surprised and happy in the same time to see her there, on the base. Jay, closer to the young woman than his friend was, quickly joined her and took her in a hug.

"Oh tell me I'm not dreaming! Hey Beauty!"

The woman greeted him before being lifted from the ground. A genuine smile appeared and she let out a small laugh.

"Hey Jay..."

The other members of Poe's squad quickly took Jay's place to greet the girl as well. Dameron was looking at her from afar, suddenly hesitating. Finn stepped closer and whispered.

"Erm... Is it Ly'ra Kaplan? Colonel Kaplan's daughter?"

The pilot nodded softly, staying silent, his brown eyes fixed on the young woman. She was sharing smiles and some trivialities with the squad. She was just as beautiful as the last time he saw her, her amazing green eyes often stopping on him, her long curly hair, now reddish were fixed in a high ponytail, her smile that made him definitely fall for her seemed a bit forced but it was probably due to her various travels. She was still wearing her everlasting black leather hooded jacket on her red leather bodice. Her blaster and her daggers were still fixed on her legs, a double-blade on her back and around her neck was the sparkling pendant her offered her.

"But erm... Doesn't she have a price on her head? I think she was part of the First Order though, is she on your... On our side now?"

Coming out from his thoughts, Poe turned a second his eyes on his new friend and shook his head, not seeing as the young woman stepped closer to talk with Leïa.