Chapter 15: Rey's Departure.

The Sun was finally going down. The day had been intense, busy and for the most part, exhausting. The entire base had worked until very late to help Rey getting ready for her departure before nightfall. With Ly'ra's and Chewbacca's help, the girl was finally ready and went into the medical wing to say goodbye to Finn. The former Stormtrooper was still unconscious, even if he was now stable, he would need few more days to open his eyes again. Few days that Rey didn't have as she had to leave as soon as possible to find Luke.

As she was walking back on the tarmac, after a shower and having changed her clothes, she noticed, surprisingly, that all the Resistants had gathered around the Falcon. She first thought there was a problem and she frowned and stepped closer, before being welcome by smiles, greetings and even some applauses. They all stepped aside, forming a guard of honor to let her pass. A shy smile appeared on her face and she stepped closer to the Falcon, feeling her cheeks turning red. She then saw Ly'ra stepping out of the ship with Chewie and R2 to go and join the pilots.

"Rey?"

Turning her eyes on Leïa and BB8, the girl headed towards them. The two women made few steps away, offering themselves a small intimacy.

"Guess what they're saying?"

Looking back at Jay, Poe shrugged before taking Ly'ra into his embrace.

"I don't know. She's probably giving her an encouraging discourse. You know how she is..."

With a small knowing smile, Ly'ra looked down, avoiding her participation in the conversation. Rey was coming back anyway and get closer to the group. The pilot smiled and went to meet her.

"I just wanted to thank you. For your kindness and your help. And the clothes too..."

Ly'ra shook her head softly, shrugging.

"No need to. It's normal. Good luck Rey, I hope you'll find him."

The girl nodded and was about to take her leave but changed her mind and turned back towards the pilot.

"Don't push him away... Dante. He really wants to help, you know. He doesn't know how but he wants to help you."

Surprised, Ly'ra tilted her head before looking around for the Jedi. She never talked to Rey about her problems, so she was guessing he did, but the girl stopped her thoughts.

"Sorry, I... Actually I understood it. I saw it... I don't know how it works yet..."

Ly'ra understood she read in her mind without wanting it and she offered the girl a smile and shook her head again.

"That's okay... I'll keep an eye on Finn for you."

"Thank you Ly'ra. Goodbye."

Rey then turned on her heels and headed towards the Falcon with Chewbacca and R2D2. Poe stepped behind his lover and frowned.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. This girl has a gift..."

The man didn't have time to question her as the engines started and the Corellian Cargo took off, encouraged by the cheers of the Resistants. It disappeared quickly and the calm went back on the base. The silence fell slowly and everyone went back to their work. For the most of them, they had to finish preparing the evacuation for the next day, and for the others, the day was over and they were heading back to their rooms to rest. 

"I need to finish two or three little things on the transports for tomorrow. Rose is still there, are you coming guys?"

Poe nodded and followed the move started by Jay and Snap, but he looked back behind him when he noticed that Ly'ra hadn't move.