1

DAY 0

louis cannot blame his bad decisions on anyone but himself. he always was a little bit spontaneous, maybe a bit reckless but never like this. he can confidently say he had never signed up for a dating show drunk off his ass until he got an email saying something along the lines of; "hey! we want you on love island season 3: gay addition."

and this is where his spontaneity comes in. sure, louis loves his life. he has a great job with an international company that helps other companies become more green, he has a great circle of friends he's accumulated over the years and goes to the gym. sometimes. occasionally.

and yet he finds himself accepting the invite to fiji, 22 episodes, 4 weeks and 2 days with a bunch of horny gay men. sounds spontaneous enough right?

the thing is louis knows these shows have to be bullshit and scripted. at least to some extent. so he isn't hoping for too much, maybe a few more good friends and a good vacation out of it. but the pre-teen girl in him is hoping to find the love of his life.

however, twenty five year old him is saying, shut the fuck up and do not let these aspiring model and actor boys break your heart.

despite the back and forth he feels in his head he find himself packing a bag, his two closest friends watching him.

"are you seriously doing this?" liam asks, eyebrows knitted together as he looked from the suitcase to louis. louis shrugs.

"why not? four weeks in fiji and all i have to do is string cute boys along, sounds fun innit?" he smirks back, niall and liam rolling their eyes in sync.

"you string boys along just fine here. in seattle. where you live." niall says with a raised brow. louis throws his boxers at niall.

"i'm vacationing for the first time since i was 18 leave me alone." louis bites back. liam sighs and pats louis' shoulder.

"alright lou, we'll vote for you every week, promise." liam says sincerely. louis grins and coos at liam.

"thank you lili." he winks.

+

DAY 1

louis sits in the villa in some makeshift interviewing room, a lady coming over to adjust his hair before scurrying off camera. louis smiles into the camera, feeling his heart hammer in excitement.

"hi, i'm louis tomlinson. i'm twenty five and i help companies become more environmentally friendly." he says and the director cuts. people hustle and bustle before the man is telling him to describe what he looks for in a guy.

"what i look for in a guy is someone who can take a bit of joking and poking fun. someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously but still has their shit together." he says before an annoyed "cut" is yelled.

"louis you can't say shit." jerry, the man who has feeding louis questions tells him. louis looks wide eyed into the camera.

"oops."

+

louis stands in a line with four other guys he had met earlier in the villa. he had known their names, 30 minutes later he does not remember. anyways, they had all made small talk and were getting along well when a leggy blonde model came over and told them to head on over to the beach to couple up. she was insanely gorgeous and louis teased that he might go for her instead.

so now their are five shirtless men, waiting to meet five other shirtless men and decide if they want to be with them based just on looks.

it's now louis realizes how shallow this show really is.