25

harry smiled, watching the concentration on louis' face as he painted the black polish on harry's fingernail.

"you know this had to come off today right love?" harry asks, smile growing when louis glares daggers at him.

"and why is that, love?" louis says back. harry laughs.

"i'm going back to work tomorrow lou. you think my patients that are primarily 50 and up are gonna like that polish?" he asks. louis gently takes harry's ring finger and starts to paint it.

"they should." he answers. harry lets him continue, fondly gazing at his boy.

"so i work nine to four." harry says. louis hums in acknowledgment. "do you have a set schedule?" harry asks.

"yeah most the time it's ten to four. sometimes we have events at night though. not often." louis says. harry hums.

"so do we. fundraisers and galas and stuff. i've never taken a date." harry says. louis looks up at him through his lashes, a coy smile on his face.

"when's the next one?" louis asks. harry thinks for a moment.

"mm probably november." harry answers. it was only four months away.

"mkay. i'll be your date since you asked."

"i never asked."

"oh yeah? who else you gonna take? your left hand? because that's all you'll have if you don't take me." louis says with an overly sweet smile, pecking harry's lips as the man laughs.

"you have to wait. i gotta properly ask you."

"it's not prom harold." louis scoffs. harry grins, leaning forward to kiss louis. louis makes a noise of annoyance.

"stop i'm almost done." louis says and let's harry peck his mouth once more. harry grins and watches louis paint his pinky. once louis is done he gives harry a happy smile full of pride.

"all done!" he chirps. harry grins, leaning in to kiss louis once more.

"good job baby." harry says into the kiss. louis runs his fingers through harry's hair, sucking on his bottom lip.

"m'gonna shower. coming?" louis asks. harry wiggles his brows. "absolutely."

+

"hey!" harry says and quickly walks over to the gaggle of girls outside of the nice restaurant. louis' eyebrows raise to what feels like his hairline, every single one of harry's friends were girls and looked like they belonged in a magazine.

louis awkwardly walks up to them as harry hugs them all. harry's grins, throwing an arm over louis' shoulders. "this is louis." harry says and kisses his cheek.

"like we don't already know. we got together every night and watched you guys fall in love." the blonde haired one says and dramatically lets her head fall back on another girls. louis chuckles at that, sinking into harry's hold.

"that would be our very own drama queen cara." harry says to louis. cara rolls her eyes. "that's kendall and taylor." harry says.

"nice to meet you all." louis says and offers them a smile.

"my god you guys look so good together." taylor says and shakes her head. louis feels his face flush, harry's cheeks going pink too as he grins down at louis.

"alright alright let's go inside. i'm so hungry." harry moans and gestures for the girls to walk. harry and louis are behind them, harry pressing soft kisses behind louis' ear just to watch him squirm and giggle away from the affection.