28

"you know we didn't come here to help you move right?" lane teases as he sets a box of louis' clothes down in the center of harry's bedroom. louis rolls his eyes at lane, zayn coming in behind with another box and throwing it down. "yeah louis." zayn says with a smirk.

"well i can find you guys a flight straight out of here." louis offers, only receiving a swat in the ass from lane.

"also i think you guys would prefer to crash at the penthouse than my apartment." louis says and watches zayn nod quickly.

"sweetheart are you bullying our friends?" harry says from where he's stood in the doorway of their bedroom. he had just come back from work and was unbuttoning the sleeves of his dress shirt. he gives zayn and lane a hug before cupping louis' face and softly kissing him. louis grabs the collar of harry's shirt to kiss him again, hands feeling harry's dimples indenting his face.

"and they're still disgusting." lane says and makes a gagging noise. louis rolls his eyes and lets harry press another kiss to his cheek.

"m'gonna shower." harry says and blinks tiredly. louis softly smacks harry's cheek, harry blinks and smiles a bit.

"wakey wakey babe. we're getting white girl wasted tonight and putting up the christmas tree." louis says with a wink.

"we have to get all your stuff away before that." zayn says and begins to open an empty drawer. louis waves him off.

"we will."

+

"jax dumped me." zayn admits after a few drinks. louis' eyes snap to him as he opens one of the branches on the fake tree.

"really now?" louis asks and puts the branch onto the base of the tree.

"yeah. said the distance was too much." zayn says and takes a sip of his drink. louis makes a face.

"good riddance." he says and zayn shrugs a bit, eyes cast downwards.

"makes me feel like it was all an act on the show." zayn admits. louis gives him a look and shoves another branch on the tree base.

"zaynie. you're a catch and he's an idiot for letting you go." he says and strokes zayn's cheek. harry clears his throat, pointedly looking at louis' hand.

"down boy." zayn says and winks at harry. harry purses his lips and blinks at zayn, only softening his gaze when louis kisses his cheek and ruffles his hair.

"who did i move in with today? i don't remember it being a jealous asshole." louis jokes and pokes harry in the ribs. harry stares him down and louis starts running from him the moment he recognizes the playful glint in harry's glare.

before he can make it very far he's being grabbed from behind and lifting in the air as his feet flail.

"murder! ah!" he yells dramatically as harry starts to kiss his neck.

"-they're busy being disgusting." lane says as he walks into the he living room with liam and niall trailing behind him.

"thanks for opening the door harold." liam says with an eye roll. harry grins at them and sets louis down to hug their friends.

since they came back from love island, liam, niall and harry had grown close, the weekly sleepover they used to have with louis at his apartment on saturdays had been happening at harry's since the moment they returned. the four of them were as thick as thieves.

"sorry guys. louis was being a little shit." he says and gives them hugs.

"liam, niall this is zayn and lane. hey your names rhyme." louis says and giggles. harry wraps his arms around louis and kisses his cheek.

"he's a little tipsy." harry says and nuzzles his nose into louis' neck.

+

"you know, something tells me zayn isn't too upset about the breakup anymore." louis whispers in harry's ear from where he's seated on his lap on the couch. he points over to zayn and liam, the two men hanging ornaments by one another and grinning like fools as they conversated.

"oooh maybe we can get him to move up here." harry says and rubs louis' thigh. louis hums, leaning in to kiss harry.

"love you." louis says with a smile. harry grins and leans in for another soft kiss.

"i'm convinced we came here to be louis' maid for the week." lane says and hangs another ornament on the tree. louis rolls his eyes and gets up, laughing when harry has to stabilize him with a hand on his hip.

"it was your idea to put up the christmas tree today." louis says to lane as he grabs an ornament to hang.

"well yeah we won't be here for christmas so we have to do something festive all together." lane says and hip checks louis. louis clumsily falls into zayn who falls into liam, both of them turning into blushing messes.

"oopsie." lane says and sends a discreet wink to louis. realization dawns on louis' face as he huddles close to lane so they can gossip.

"you see it too?" he whispers. lane nods his head vigorously.

"we get to play matchmaker all week." lane says delightedly.

+

"and finally, baby i think you should put the star on top of the tree." harry says and tries to hand louis the star. louis holds a finger up.

"wait one more thing!" he says and disappears to the kitchen. he comes back with a little box wrapped in red wrapping paper in his hand and hands it to harry.

"open this first." louis says. harry gives him a questioning looks but takes the box. he unwraps it and takes off the lid, his eyes instantly softening when he sees the gift.

it was an ornament with two mittens shoved into snow, one mitten said louis the other said harry and on the snow, "our first christmas" was written on it along with the year.

"baby." harry whispers and pulls out the ornament. lane coos at it, louis grinning at harry as he nervously twitches from where he's standing.

"you like it?"

"love. this is so sweet lou. come here." harry answers and opens his arms for louis. louis hugs harry tightly around his waist, pushing up to meet harry in a soft kiss.

"you put that on and then we'll do the star." louis says and pecks harry's mouth once more. harry puts the ornament near the top of the tree, taking a moment to grin at it before he's handing louis the star once more.

"one problem now, i can't reach- ah" louis says and grabs onto a fistful of harry's hair. harry had ducked between his legs and brought him up on his shoulders so louis could reach the top.

"jesus a little warning next time." louis chuckles and affectionately ruffles harry's hair. he looks down to see liam recording, zayn and niall sitting on the couch and watching and lane behind liam watching him record.

"c'mon baby." harry says and rubs louis' thigh. louis leans over and starts to situate the star only for it to droop to the left side.

"dammit." he mumbles and pulls it to the right only for it to now droop too far to the right.

"umm." louis says and holds it straight shoving it downwards. it finally stays in place.

"success!" louis says and holds both his arms up. harry slowly lowers him back to the ground, hugging louis tightly as they admire the tree.

"merry first christmas baby."

"merry first christmas."

a/n: if you can't tell i'm ready for this fucking year to be over and for christmas time lol