Room 43

"What happened! Where are they!?" said Rosa, slamming her two hands on the reception counter.

The entire squad was now standing in the hospital waiting room. Watching Rosa grow with anger.

But who could blame her?

Her friend that is close to her like a sister is now somewhere among this hospital maze. Sitting in a bed in pain. Rosa always had a soft spot for her, but never liked to admit it. Just like jake. He was the one to help her through the academy. This time she just wanted to be there for them.

"Please, we just want to know what happened" spoke Charles. His face was written in fright and contempt. Just like everyone else.

The receptionist then rolled her eyes and set down her pen.

"And you'll be waiting like everyone else in this room. I ain't got time for this, my job is to inform you when I also get informed. So please, sit down."

"Listen. I ain't got time for this and neither do you... But how about I give you this... And you can help us out" said Gina, flicking her hair and sliding a 20 dollar bill towards her.

"Ma'am do I look like I'll take that? "

"Well your missing out on a real snack here"

"Gina that's enough" replied holt, pulling her back beside him. "I'm sorry for that, she isn't used to human resources or social conversations. We are from the NYPD. We need the information as soon as possible so we can collect the concept of what happened."

"I don't think I'm saying this clear enough. I ain't got the information yet. Now sit down till I do!"

"what a common bitch.." holt mumbles, making his way to a chair while everyone else behind follows in silence.

"What the hell happened?" asked Rosa.

"Date night" replied Gina.

"What do you mean date night?" asked holt. Not having a clue what she was talking about.

"Oh. I forgot you're old and don't know what twitter is... But they both went on a date tonight. Apparently over some 'bet' but like I say, I've always sensed a real WiFi connection between them."

"Do you know where they went?"

"Capt'in. If I did i'll be telling your tooshie right now, I'm better than that."

"Well we need to find out soon. The minute we see them, I shall ask a few questions and me and Rosa will go out and collect information. We need to form the puzzle of this mess. But most importantly, we need to know of they are okay"

"This can't be real." then spoke Charles who was covering his face.

Gina then stroked his back up and down for reassurance. Rosa was gazing her eyes around the room. Watching closely at doctors coming in and out calling names. Hoping one of them would call out a name that means too much to her, in fact to the entire squad.

Time ticked on and no sign of anything. They all felt drained of being stuck to the one chair, waiting nervously to hear the news of their friends and best detectives.

"Any relatives or friends of Amy Santiago here?" called the previous receptionist.

Rosa pounced to her feet and scrambled her way through the seats to the counter.

"That's us, where is she?"

"She is in room 27, one floor above" she replied

"Any information about jake?"