Chapter 5

After dinner Patton went to his room. He was ready to finally relax. Patton felt like the frayed end of a wire, a little tingly and close to a bad jolt of energy. He slid into his bed, not worrying about changing his clothes, and closed his eyes. As his shoulders began to relax and he began to fall asleep, he heard an argument in the common room.

"No, you are not allowed to come over!" It sounded like Roman who was shouting.

"Remus, I do not want you around my new roommates, you will freak them out."

His voice dipped a bit and Patton thought maybe that was it, maybe it was over. He closed his eyes again, trying to ignore it until the shout came again.

"Who messes up Shakespeare with Zombies!" There was a slam of something hitting the floor.

Patton sighed and stood up, walking out of his room and putting on his signature smile as he made his way out of the bedroom. Roman was standing in the common room looking at his phone which sat on the floor. "Hey Ro, you doing okay?" Patton asked, slowly making his way over.

"Of course, I am always wonderful and perfect!" His voice sounded angry.

"That is a lot of pressure to put on yourself buddy."

Roman's shoulders slumped as knelt down to pick up his phone. "Yeah, well... I have a lot of challenges to overcome."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He hesitated but nodded. "Yeah, maybe I should for once."

Patton walked over and sat on the couch and tapped the space next to him. With barely any hesitation, Roman flopped next to him and looked at his phone. "It's my brother. He is my brother, so of course I love him, but he... we are twins, and he has always been a bit more..." waving his hand in the air he looked for the right word, "demented. His words not mine Pat," Roman felt the need to defend himself, he always did when it came to Remus. "He and Virgil would probably get along, maybe. Anyway, both of us have always loved theater and we have always wanted to be a part of it. He plays a great villain I have to admit that, but he was given the opportunity to direct Hamlet because of his 'innovative ideas'." Roman sighed into his hands. "He is adding Zombies to Hamlet, I'm all for creativity but it takes away the driving force of Hamlet's madness if his father is a mindless Zombie instead of a ghost, and what about poor Ophelia, does she also end up as a Zombie?" He frowned.

"Well, that's a very... creative approach, but I don't think him messing up Hamlet is really why you are angry." Patton put a gentle hand on Roman's shoulder.

Roman was quiet for some time. "I... I guess not. Logan and I have patched things up, and I understand what he meant by the words he said, he even encouraged me, but his words still make me feel... insecure. My screwy brother is directing a show... and I can barely get a part." He set his phone down. "What if I'm not good enough to achieve my dreams? What if people like Remus more than they like me?"

"Now, Roman, that's not like you. You are so talented. People are into the edgy things right now, but you are full of such wonderful enthusiasm for the arts and for performing. I have no doubt that you will be able to get more roles. People are going to see how amazing your performance is, and you won't be able to keep the talent scouts away. And if your brother is also successful, that's okay. His success does not in any way diminish yours."

Roman smiled, "Thank you Patton, you always know just what to say." Standing up he smiled at Patton. "I'm going to call and apologize to my brother. I should be proud of what he has achieved. Thank you, Padre, you are a star."

Patton smiled as Roman walked away back to his room and as the door closed Patton's smile fell, closing his eyes he laid back on the couch. He was so tired.

AN: What, today isn't Saturday! Nope, I'm going to be posting twice this week. This chapter is a bit short and I have been feeling inspired. Let me know what you think.