Chapter 25

Virgil pulled into their driveway and looked at Logan before the two of them looked back at Roman and Patton. Neither of them wanted to walk the two sleeping in the back of the car, but they couldn't sleep in the car. Virgil took to waking up Patton, and Logan woke Roman. Both were still a bit groggy as they walked into the house but they were beginning to wake back up.

"Took you all long enough."

"You're the one that left early," Virgil said before going over to sit next to his brother, flopping onto the couch. "So, you and Roman's brother?"

"Well, I don't want to be a part of that conversation," Roman muttered. "Pat if you aren't feeling up to cooking tonight it's alright."

"No, I want to cook, if that's.. um... if that's what you want."

"Of course that's what I want. I love your cooking."

"Are you sure? You don't have to be nice to spare my feelings."

"No, I would never."

"He is quite right Patton, you are the best cook in our household, there is no reason for him to lie."

Patton lit up at that. He still felt a little self-conscious, but he had to remember that Lewis was a liar. Roman had never said he disliked the cookies or anything that Patton had cooked. "I'll have dinner out in a jiffy, then we can eat and watch Disney movies."

It was Roman's turn to smile. "I shall go prepare myself!" With that he turned and walked into his bedroom, yawning slightly. This night was turning out to be a good one.

Then his phone buzzed.

Roman had resisted the urge to look all night, with Logan's help of course, but Logan wasn't here. The phone buzzed again.

"What if I came with you?"

"No, it's okay, you want to spend time with your roommates instead of your boyfriend, that's fine."

"How about after you come back to my place? We can have the night together.

"You aren't responding. Are you okay"?

"Roman don't be like this, I know you have your phone."

"Come on Ro, tell me where you are at. I'll pick you up."

"Talk to me"

"You know I love you"

"Roman!!"

"Ro if you don't text me back I'm going to be pissed"

"You don't want to make me angry, do you?"

"Fine"

"Fine"

"Fine"

"I get it, your mad."

"I'll be patient."

"Why aren't you replying asshole!"

Roman looked at the mass of text messages on his phone. There were almost a hundred messages in the past hour. Just like Logan said they alternated from caring and compassionate to angry and possessive. For a brief moment, Roman's head felt clear. When had he let someone talk to him like this? When did he start letting someone threaten him? He was supposed to be a prince, confident and happy, ready to take the world by storm and ready to vanquish any villain who threatened others.

His phone buzzed again.

"I'm sorry"

"I didn't mean that"