Chapter 23

Patton was trying not to pace outside of the theater. The longer they had to wait for Roman the more Patton grew concerned. What if Roman didn't want to see them anymore? What if they had been wrong and Roman was just putting on an act the first few months? He bit his lip nervously until Dee opened the door and walked out with Roman. Patton couldn't contain his excitement at seeing the two of them.

"Roman!" He practically flung himself at the more muscular man. "You did so amazing, I'm so proud of you." Patton was still clinging to a bouquet and seemed to only remember that fact when Roman gently pushed him off.

"What do you have there Pat?"

"Oh! Right! Flowers! For you!" He shoved them over and Virgil chuckled.

"He was so excited to see your play. We have been missing you, Sir-Sings-a-Lot."

It showed in Roman's eyes that he obviously did not believe Virgil's words.

"Since the play is over can we take you out to dinner?!" Patton just wanted to spend more time with Roman, wanted to see him smile again, and Dee had suggested getting Roman as far from Lewis as possible to talk.

"I don't know, I had plans with Lewis."

Virgil and Patton's face both fell. "But Ro, we haven't had dinner together in months."

"We could always kidnap him."

"Dee! That's illegal." Patton seemed horrified at the suggestion but Virgil just smiled lightly.

"I could ask Lewis if you all can come with."

"Remember what I said about him being territorial?" Dee adjusted his hat.

"But that was just..."

"You are welcome to ask but a guarantee he will say no and make up some excuse as to why the two of you have to go home." Dee picked at his gloves. "But you don't have to trust me, I am a liar after all."

Virgil smacked him upside the back of the head.

Roman looked confused, looking between Dee and Virgil before Patton took his hands.

"I just want to spend some time with you Roman," Patton said in his softest voice, giving Roman's hands a soft squeeze. "We all do."

"I... I should at least tell him. Wait, why did Microsoft Nerd stay back?"

Virgil frowned, "because he's a frekin idiot."

Patton finally let go of Roman's hand, guilt crossing his face. "He said Lewis was more likely to let his eyes off you if he asked."

"Why?"

"Because Lewis is his ex-boyfriend." Dee interrupted.

"What? But Logan is a robot?" Roman was beginning to doubt why Lewis wanted him in the first place. It was hard enough when the short theatrical man constantly talked about how Roman paled in comparison to his ex, but now that Roman knew that ex was Logan. He felt inferior.

"Yeah, well apparently his issues with showing emotions is partially because of Lewis." Virgil hissed. Did Roman hear that right? Did Virgil actually hiss?

"This really is his story to tell, we shouldn't blab all of his secrets." Patton was getting a bit anxious, not wanting to be standing out here when Lewis walked out of the theater.

"It's fine Patton if anyone needs to know it's Roman." They were all surprised by the strong cool voice that was Logan. All eyes looked up to greet him but they were confused by the person by Logan's side.

"Roman, if I was not already dating Picani, I would be so pissed that you are hoarding all of the hot men for yourself."

"Why do you call him that, isn't that his last name?"